Chapter 7

•••

•••

"Evie!" Seth called. Evie was walking out of the school when she heard him. He was waving at her, next to the other pack member and Kim. They were all near their cars. Evie walked to them. "We're going to Sam's place, you're coming?"

It was a thing, like their meeting place. They spent most of their time there or patroling. It was still new to Evie but she would fet use to it. She didn't really have a choice anyway. The day before, Sam had inform the council that Evie knew the tribe secrets and was aslo a member of the pack now. They didn't saw her phased but they knew she was liked them. Her scent was like them. Everyone had a different and specific scent that is proper to them. But people from a same species - humans, shape-shifters or vampires - had a little thing similar in their scent that could tell if they were humans, shape-shifters or vampires. Evie, just like every other member of the pack, had that little thing in her scent that tell that she is indeed a shape-shifter.

The council was surprised at first. They thought that Evita wouldn't phase since she didn't when her siblings did. But they were glad to know that she was one. Sue was proud of her daughter. But she was mostly scared. Evie was the only on that seemed safe from the gene. Looks like she was wrong. Sue hoped Evie wasn't a shape-shifter. In that way, she would have been away from the danger and she could live a normal life. But fate decided otherwise.

Evie nodded and walked to her motorbike.

"Short hair looks good on you," Kim complimented her best friend. Evie smiled and thanked Kim as she climbed on her motorbike. The latter then walked towards Evie. "I'm coming with you,"

Evie could see Jared frowning behind Kim. She knew he was worried for his girlfriend. But he didn't have to worry, Kim ride a bike with Evie multiple times.

"Don't worry Jared, nothing will happen to her," Evie said. Kim blushed a bit at the thought of Jared being worried. She was happy though. "Take this, I only have one helmet," Evie said and gave her helmet to Kim. Evita was a shape-shifter, her strength and resistance were higher than humans. Besides, she also heal faster. So it was normal that she would be the one not wearing the helmet. And even if she wouldn't be a shape-shifter, she still would have gave the helmet to her best friends.

"And you?" She heard Jacob said. He couldn't help but be worried for Evie. Riding a motorbike without a helmet is dangerous.

Evie frowned at his sudden intervention. They didn't talk since he left Sam's house. And they needed to talk about the imprinting. They needed to clear things out.

"I survived a vampire bite, I think I can handle a motorbike ride without a helmet," Evie said and Kim climbed on the motorbike too.

Jacob held a groaned. She didn't have to remind him about the vampires. Evie then started the engine as the others climbed on the cars. They all drove off, Evie and Kim beeing ahead.