Chapter 4

•••

•••

The high pitch sound of the alarm erupted in Evie's room. She quickly switched it off and ran a hand on her face. She was so tired. Physically tired. She just wanted to go back to sleep. She closed her eyes again but felt cold. It took her a few second to realize that she had no clothes on, just a blanket covering her body. She frowned and sat on her bed.

"What the hell..?" She asked herself. Everything felt weird, not normal. She looked around, looking for something different. And it was at that moment that the memories came back. The library, then the vampire, the transformed into a giant wolf, was bitten by that same red-headed vampire and then another vampire came. But was it all true? Or did she dream it? But if it was the latter option, how the hell would have she ended up naked? Evie sighed, passed her hands on her fave and quickly dress up. She sped to the bathroom that was connected to her bedroom and looked at her reflection in the mirror. She didn't seem to have changed. Same hair, same hair colour. Evie then put her hand on her neck, when the red-headed vampire bit her. Under her own touch, she could feel the scar. She pushed her hair away and turned her head to have a better view of her scar through the mirror. It was a pretty bad scar. She would have struggles to explain how she got it but she could hide it with her hair. But the scar was also proof that what she lived was true. She fought against a vampire and transformed into a giant wolf. But how the hell was possible? She ran again her hands into her hair and heavily sighed. She was anxiously tapping her feet onto the floor. What was happening? She was completely lost. She was freaking out. Vampires existed. Werewolves existed. Were there others? She couldn't be the only one. And why her anyway. What did she have that others didn't? In what was she different? She didn't know.

Evie walked back in her room. She noticed that her backpack was next to her desk and her phone on it. She frowned. She didn't even remember how she went back home. Evie took her phone and switched it on. She had no missing phone calls or unread texts. When she looked at the day, Evie realised that the night only passed. Did her family notice nothing? Maybe. She didn't know. She didn't know anything which made her even more anxious. She was pacing in her room, thinking and thinking. She had so many questions and all were unanswered. And how would she even get her answers? She couldn't just tell someone that she could transform into a wolf. People would think of her as crazy. And maybe she was? She was started to think that she was. But the scar on her neck told her otherwise. The scar had the shape of a bite. It was real. She didn't dream about it.

When she thought that everything couldn't get worse, it actually did.

Evie then stopped pacing. Her heartbeat was erratic and her breathing jerky. It was only at that moment that she realised that she was hot. Her body was burning. She sat on the edge of her bed, holding her head. It was hurting a lot. It was like drums were loudly playing inside. Evie groaned and lied back on the soft mattress. Looks like she had a fever. Great.