Chapter 16

Sighing to himself he closed the file and looked outside of his cabin and saw Avni working. He smiles seeing her dedication but a second later his smile faded away seeing a boy coming there and pulling a chair sitting beside her so close.

He clenched his fists and his jaw tightness as he witnessed them laughing on something. His fists balled up and he stares them angrily.

He didn't understand why he is getting bottled up seeing her with a guy so close. Why is she affecting him so much.

He composing himself and shaking his head diverts his gaze away from there.

He got back to reading the file but his thoughts ran over them. He glanced them between and had having enough he closed the file and got up moving out his cabin.

He got near them and still heard them laughing like an idiot. He stood there putting his arms against his chest with stern expression on his face.

He clears his throat gaining their attention. Avni who burst out laughing hearing the joke that her colleague cracked couldn't help herself from laughing her heart out but immediately stopped as she heard him clearing his throat.

She looks at her and a lump got stuck in her throat as she stares him confusingly who was throwing deadly glares at the person sitting beside her.

Neil : what is happening here? This is my office to work but a circus where you would waste your time? I am not paying you for this. Get back to work.

He shouted at the poor fellow who turning at Avni and muttering a sorry walked away from there leaving them alone.

Neil looks at Avni who shook her head at his attitude and turns back to her computer ignoring Neil making him irritated.

Neil : why are you ignoring me? Avni speak to me.

Avni : what is wrong with you sir? Why are you shouting? I am not ignoring you.

Neil : really! You ain't ignoring me.

Avni : no! I am not!

Neil sighs and moves closer to her making her breath hitch. She moves her chair back and got up.

Avni : what are you doing Neil? This is office.

Neil : I know that! Why were you laughing with him? Who is he?

Avni shook her head in disbelief seeing Neil behaving like a spoiled child.

Avni : where does it say that I can't laugh and with who I can't? Neil you are not making any sense. What has gone into you? You are behaving so strangely lately.

Neil : there is nothing wrong with me. I don't like him being close to you.

Avni : why is that Neil? He ain't going to harm me.

Neil : I don't feel good seeing you with him.

Avni : Neil! There is nothing wrong with him. He is just my colleague.

Neil : you won't get it!

Neil walks back to his cabin not wanting to make it worse. Last night Neil had figured that there something between them. He couldn't name it what but he knew she meant something to him more than employer in his company.

His heart fastens whenever he is with her. He never felt with any other girls, it just lust and flings with them but being around Avni he felt something that he called a home. Like Avni feels safe with him, he feels safe with her.

Avni shaking her head sat back down and saving the work, she decided to take a break.

She got up and moves to canteen. She ordered something for herself and sat in the corner of the canteen, she still doesn't have much friends in the office.