CHAPTER - 53

Chuck smiled while reading Lara's message. It should be the money that Lara needed to open the milk tea shop, but it was really ridiculous of her to borrow it from him!

Chuck ignored her message as it was too ridiculous.

Chuck put the phone in his pocket and turned to ask what Yolanda wanted to eat. He had to send Yvette a meal anyway, so he was thinking of buying Yolanda a meal on the way too.

"It's okay. I'll order some delivery myself. Thank you. There are still some details that I need to think through." Yolanda smiled and shook her head.

"Well okay then, remember to have your meal on time," Chuck said and left.

He casually picked three dishes in a restaurant in his plaza and went to the fifth floor. However, to Chuck's disappointment, Yvette was not there. She had probably gone out to work on some company issues. She seemed determined in running her company after signing the contract.

Chuck could only bring the dishes back to Yolanda's office.

Yolanda said, "Is this for me?"

Chuck didn't want to lie to her either. He just told her that it was for a friend, but she was not around.

Chuck didn't let her know that it was Yvette.

"Although it's originally for someone else, still, thank you so much, because I'm hungry now." Yolanda smiled.

Chuck was surprised to see Yolanda's good temper, it was rare for someone beautiful to have such a good personality.

"You don't mind?" Chuck couldn't help but ask.

"What should I mind about?" She replied. Alright then.

The two of them finished the three dishes. To be honest, Chuck really enjoyed eating with his beautiful friend.

Soon the night came about but there was still no sign of Yvette. She was probably out there dealing with some important matters. When it was almost time, Chuck offered to send Yolanda back to the university.

"Thank you. I'll take the car myself." Yolanda shook her head.

Chuck was surprised. Why did Yolanda look like she didn't want to go back to school? Chuck glanced at Yolanda's injured knee and sat down.

"What's wrong with you?"

"It's okay. I haven't finished my work yet, so I'll go back later."

Yolanda didn't want to go back to school because she was afraid that William Yuri would wait for her at the door. She was thinking of sleeping overnight in the office as she could sleep on the couch.

"Did something happen to you?" Chuck asked softly because he saw the sadness in Yolanda's eyes just now. Maybe she did not injure her knees by accident. But she was always cheerful and independent, so she would definitely not reveal her true emotions to just anyone.

"Nope." She said.

"Really?" Chuck asked again.