CHAPTER - 124

Upon hearing what Yvette Jordan had just asked, Chuck Cannon laughed. He asked her back, "Well, what do you think?"

"I... feel that you met someone who's willing to help you. That's why you are so different now." Yvette replied.

Chuck was definitely not from a wealthy family. Therefore, this could be the only reason.

"Why don't you think that I'm from a wealthy family?" Chuck asked with a smile.

Yvette was stunned. Then, she shook her head and said, "I grew up with you. Shouldn't I know whether you are from a wealthy family or not?"

That was really true. Chuck wouldn't believe that he was from a wealthy family too if his mother didn't transfer the five million dollars to him. Well, he was indeed from a very rich family.

"Let's go back now if you don't want to tell me the truth," Yvette said softly.

She didn't get to the bottom of the matter. Perhaps Chuck met a noble lady because of his handsome face? Zelda Maine was the first one. The woman in the Rolls-Royce who sent Chuck to Susan's company might be the second one. It didn't seem to be something he should be proud of.

Was her hubby getting money from other women? Yvette looked at Chuck carefully.

"I'm really from a wealthy family. Don't you believe me?" Chuck said seriously.

"I don't." Yvette shook her head and said.

Chuck was speechless. Although he had admitted it, Yvette still did not want to believe in him.

"But that's the truth!" Chuck said helplessly.

"Let's stop talking about it, okay?" Yvette shook her head and said.

"Let's grab a taxi." She continued.

"Will you believe me if I transfer you a million dollars now?" Chuck said seriously.

"What?" Yvette was surprised. She looked at Chuck for a second. All of sudden, Chuck was embarrassed. Well, why did he react in this way?

Did he really have a million dollars?

"I'm sorry. I forgot that there's no money in my bank account anymore." He said.

Chuck did not know what to say anymore. He suddenly remembered that he had invested all his money in the movie. He only had 100,000 dollars now.

Yvette smiled and said, "I believe in you."

'Why was he in such a hurry to prove that he's from a wealthy family? Was he trying to stop me from thinking the other way round?' She thought.

She felt that it was not a big deal if Chuck really met someone who was noble. She just hoped that Chuck wouldn't sleep with them for their money.

Yvette was a little disappointed. After all, she had planned to give her virginity to Chuck. Did Chuck lose his virginity to Zelda? Did he sleep with the woman in the Rolls-Royce car as well?

In fact, she was very disgusted with such things.

However, she did not hate Chuck. Perhaps it was because she was touched by what Chuck did for her. Chuck lent her a hand when she was in trouble. However, she did not know how long she could stop herself from feeling this way.