Prose 26: Dear Self

Please permit me to ask, how have you been lately?

I knew you have gone too far and have been through numerous hindrances. Life is somehow beautiful, aesthetic, swirling and compassionate, however, along the way, the darkness filled most of the memories in your life. You had come from a thousand mountain of trials and obstacles, cried in the river of tears and fell on the abyss of struggles ─ but you have conquered it all because you have always believed that God will gloriously lift you up from your convolutions, pains and worries, and astray you away from heart-aching debris and dead-ends.

You overcame and surpassed several hardships, thus, life proved you wrong because you hope to open the doors of opportunities and seek the windows of faith and chances. You fell but you stood back. You look back only to remember how stronger you were and that made you the person you are today. You became the person you once thought you would never become. You made it until here. I have always been so proud of you, more than you think I am.

You have collected several life-discerning experiences and learnings from others. You have learned that you should not only seek ways to what can make you happy yet you should also seek ways as to how can you make the happiness last.

There may be challenges along the way but you should let it be your building blocks to go on and move forward. You must learn how to invent positive possibilities and seize the brighter future before you. You must not give up on what you love and what you really wanted to do.

You have learned that life is not easy as you think it is. You have realized that all people can make you feel that you are loved but not everyone can make you feel that you are alive. Nevertheless, you are fortunate because your parents always give their best in you, to support and love you all the way, and you are forever grateful to Jesus Christ that their sacrifices were worthy enough to be kept and treasured.

You have learned that you must not restore what history could repeat, instead, you will simply rise up to where your heart would never rest. You have pondered that letting go, moving forward and starting all over again is a substantial application to obtain the real purpose of life.

Admittedly, as a delight wish beneath the sky of 2020, continue being just as who you are. Be eager enough to continue your hard work, perseverance and determination to finish your college degree and accomplish your future dreams. Start a new day, a new morning and a new moment with yourself.

Show to your future self how you can bravely do everything and how you can proudly fly your wings towards tomorrow that awaits you. Rise and find yourself in the same place you have lost it. Never seek the place to where you never belong yet just always paved your way to where it calls you home.

Until then, always choose to stay.