*Chapter 11*

Hendrick P.O.V

I didn't want to go to the wedding at first because I had a lot of things so do than see 2 people in love get joined together. He was my friend so I can't just miss his wedding so I decided to attend.

"You're a jerk. How heartless are you?" Kyle asked when we got out of the car. I rolled my eyes at her soft spot for wedding and girl's cute stuff. 

Gross! I hate the girl's activities.

As I got down, I spotted a little Aurora with a woman. They looked so much alike so I'm going with 'Her mother'. Aurora wore a bright white gown with small heels. Her long hair was straightened with a bracelet at her small left wrist. Everything about her was cute. 

She removed her eyes from mine going to a Green Honda that pulled out. I walked to one of the seats and stood there watching her. There was nothing interesting to do, besides. 

Her mother ran to a middle-aged man. He wore a suit. He wasn't bad looking either but I was confused. Was that Aurora's father? I haven't seen her with her father or even heard her talk about him. Maybe he was her father.

Why do I even care?

The man leaned towards Aurora staring at her waiting for her talk. She must have felt a stare cause she turned to look at me before looking back. She said something. He pinched her cheeks drawing her for a hug. 

Suddenly, a girl came and removed her from the small uncomfortable hug from the middle-aged man. She said something to her about her and the boy that was standing next to her. I watched as Aurora looked at them in confusion. 

After the small talk, I noticed the most painful sight. The boy leaned in to place a kiss on her cheek and she reddens. I clench my teeth in annoyance and my teeth held.

Who was he? A brother? I don't care, I don't like what he did.

The wedding began and all I did was:

Yawn.

Roll eyes.

And stare at Aurora.

She was very beautiful if I must admit. She looked very happy watching the two get married. She was even prettier than the bride in her with the dress. 

Aurora's P.O.V

I sloped downstairs on hearing my name. I was gonna pretend I didn't hear him call or he didn't request for me. I walked to the kitchen getting an apple and munching into it. 

"She's here." My mommy said. I pinched myself in anger. I turned to look at my mommy than to Hendrick who just watches my lips in interest. I licked them smiling at him. 

"Hendrick visited you." Was all mommy said before leaving me alone with him. I skipped on the couch looking at waiting for him to talk.

"I'm really sorry for what happened on Friday-" He said but I cut him amid his sentence. 

"Why are you apologizing? There's no need. You and Kenzie are a thing." I said. To be honest, I like to make him feel guilty. I want him to know how it feels.

"We're not a thing. I only came to apologize to you." He paused. "Who was the guy that kissed you on the cheek?" He asked looking into my eyes. I blushed looking aside from him. 

He was looking at me all this time and saw what Kelvin did. I inwardly smiled. I faked a cough. "Why do you want to know?" I asked seriously. His eyes swelled. 

"Are you kidding me? I need to know. Also, I don't look like being questioned." He said balancing on his seat. I smirked looking away from him and back to him again.

"Apology accepted." Was only the thing I said before going away back into my room and locking it. I like teasing him. It can become a habit at some point. I burst out laughing falling until a tear rose on my face. 

( ̄ヘ ̄;)

Another boring school. I slammed my locker shut turning around to see Hendrix looking at me. One of his friends was watching me with a dark look on his face. I shrugged.

"Aurora!" Hendrix spoke softly. I looked at him tittering. "What's it?" I asked aiming at him. He walked towards me staring down at me. 

"I'll ask one more time. Who's that guy?" He said with a scary voice. I bolted looking at my fingers. I don't know what to say to him. I don't want to tell him that's he's my stepbrother. He doesn't deserve to know anything about me. 

"I don't know. I'm going to class." I said walking away but was stopped by a hand on my wrist. I looked at his hands on mine. 

I spontaneously felt butterflies and my heart racing. It's like I like the feeling.

"Who Aurora." He asked. I redrew my hands sensing them, I still felt his hands on mine. 

"My friend," I said leaving him alone in the dark hall with monsters crawling under the lockers look-

Okay. I lost it.

When I arrived in class, the teacher wasn't there. Just some students talking and starting noise. I walked to my seat that was nearby Steve. He had his head on his table. I patted him causing him to flip up.

I gasped at his face. He had a black eye and some cut on his jaw. His eyes were dull and his lips were red. 

"What happened?" I asked scared. I pulled my bag unto my laps looking and waiting for a reply. He smiled but groan when I heard a snap.

"Good morning." He said trying to dodge my question. I shook my head placing my hands on his face. 

"Please tell me. I'm your friend." I try to establish. He was not looking nice and cheerful like I know. His hair was also bushy. 

He was about saying something but the teacher came inside stopping him. I shredded a piece of paper writing something on it and passing it to him.