8

. Previously on Naive.

"Answer me, Hendrick!" I half-yelled.

"I didn't."

...

It hurts.

It hurts so bad.

'I didn't.'

Those words do.

I can't even believe my heart beats for someone who doesn't even like me or doesn't even trust me. I thought we were good friends. Aren't friends supposed to trust their friends?

"Okay," I said, dryly eluding eye contact with him. He sighed rubbing his hands together looking guilty. 

I walked past him to the dining room. 

....

"So...How did you guys meet?" Mommy asked licking the sauce from her lips. I looked up from my untouched food to her. 

"At school," I said, solely. She didn't seem fascinated with my answers so she drove on more. 

"How? When?" She asked. I inwardly groaned. Can't she see I didn't want to talk? On the other hand, Hendrick just sat peacefully scrolling through his phone like he didn't break my heart. Rose was right.

Boys are selfish. (A/n:- No offence.)

"In school and at the cafeteria." 

That took me to the time he was mean to me. My eyes felt watery but I decided to stay strong.

"Are you okay?" My mom asked lifting my chin up. I shifted my head not wanting to look her in the eye.

"Umm..yes. I need to ease myself." I muttered. She examined my eyes and face still looking for fault.

"You're crying. What's wrong?"

This was the most embarrassing thing. Crying in front of my crush and behaving like a baby. I sometimes wonder if what they tell was really true.

"Excuse me," I said standing up on my feet and moving across the room in search of a bathroom or anywhere I could get free air.

I touched my wet cheeks at the contact of tears on the fingertips of my finger. I was crying. It has to be the words Hendrick said or that doubts I have about him liking me. 

"Why me? I asked myself.

The evening sunset was just the right thing to get my concentration on. It was perfectly hung on the sky watching me. I sniffed as my head began spinning. This was why I hated tears. I brought my finger to my face once more to now feel the dried tears. I  deserved this.

 I was confused.

I haven't been in a relationship before so I didn't know much. 

"Umm...Mind if I join?" Someone behind asked. How much it still hurt for me to find out it was Hendrick's voice.

"If you want," I muttered secretly playing with my hair. I heard soft small footsteps followed by a sigh.