*Chapter 17*

"How are you?" He asked. It's was very eerie talking to a man who will soon be my stepdaddy. I hummed in response not daring to look at him in the eyes. But instead, I looked at my mommy. Her eyes were shimmering with sadness and regret. I didn't know why though but I'm glad she feels that way. Especially for what she's done to me.

"Would you like some coffee or juice?" Nanny asked him fixing a juice and a coffee on the table waiting for him to choose. He smiled choosing coffee and taking a sip.

"It's delicious." He commended. She smiled taking the juice along with her to the kitchen. Nanny seems to like him.

"Where's rose and Kelvin?" Mommy asked after a brief silence. His smile dissolved away after that returning it will a grin.

"They left for the park." He said. I can tell he wasn't happy with their decision. He may be expected to come along with him. 

"That's lovely." My mom complimented. This was getting cramped by every each second that passed by. 

"I was planning our wedding yesterday and I thought Aurora could help me with it. What do you think, sweetheart?" He asked darting me a nice glare. I looked at mommy then back to Henry asking for an invisible help.

"She'll help with that." My mommy responded to me. I nodded in false agreement. Everything was taking a toll so fast. I was a happy little bean and next, I'm a wedding helper. 

"Great! I'll come to get her tomorrow. 8?" He asked pleasantly like a child. After a long boring talk, he finally went. I took this as my opportunity to talk to mommy.

"Mommy? Can we talk for a bit?" I asked nervously. I never act this sensitive around my mom but now, she's a changed woman so...

"What's it, baby girl?" She inquired, sounding worried. I thought she lost her worriedness for me after she slapped me. 

"Did I do something wrong? To make you angry and upset at me?" I gently asked more like a mumbled. 

She gave out a heavy sigh throwing me for a hug. I missed this so much. Her hug was very warm but also long. I heard her sniff meaning she was crying. She was crying for me and all her mistakes.

"I'm sorry Aurora. I was so caught up with the training you to become mature that I didn't see the wrongs I did. I didn't know sooner that I was so busy I don't even talk to you anymore. I slapped you even though it wasn't your fault...I'm a bad mommy to you love." 

I burst out crying unto her shoulder like an emotional fool I am. Her words were so touching and yet, so beautiful. She wasn't a bad mother but a good one. I could never see her that way. 

"Don't say that. I love you so much. I'm also sorry of how I reacted when you said you were getting remarrie-

"Shhh. I know. That was normal for you to do. You love your daddy so much. I expected that from you. So...Does it means you've accepted Henry as your father now?" She asked dubiously. 

I closed my eyes for a second opening them back with a smile. 

"Yes." 

0---)

"O my love for puppies! This dress fits your eyes." Rose declared seizing a brown dress that was very beautiful but expensive. The material was well beautified with butterflies popping out from below.  After that emotional trauma, we both decided to go shopping for my mommy's wedding that takes place next month. I don't see the reason for the rush but if it made my mommy happy then it's okay. 

Rose and Kelvin also accompanied us after coming from the park. We continued babbling on about which clothes suit Kelvin and which doesn't. It was more of an argument. 

"Baby? We have a surprise for you! Do you want to see it now or back home?" Mommy asked. A little excitement tinged in her voice. 

Note-: Never tell me you have a surprise or you'll go bald.

"I want to see it now, please. Is it a new puppy or a cat? Or horse and oh! a unicorn?" I guessed very excited. Who knows? A new clone.

"WE GOT YOU YOUR FIRST PHONE!" They said in unison. Creepy but I'll take it. A new phone was much better than a puppy.

"Where? Why? How?" I asked. Although, the last question wasn't right at first.

Kelvin giggled giving me a box that had a pic of a phone. 

"We got it for you last week when mom told us you never had a phone and because you're our sister. We bought it silly!" Rose answered clarifying all the questions. 

I looked at them tears cautioning to fall from my face. I sniffed the smell of the new fresh phone. It smells like cotton candy and caramel popcorn. 

"Thank you so much... But I don't know how to use a phone." I said sadly.

"We'll teach you. But there are stuff and sites you shouldn't see or go to. We tell you all about it when we get home. God, I can't wait for a new mother and cute sister" Kelvin rambled going to get our things and pay for it.

My new stepdaddy wad very rich like so was so so so so so rich. But Kyle's parents were richer than us. There were Trillionaires!

I smacked a lip gloss on my dry lips. The sun wasn't hot but it was very windy. The sun was about setting and the sky gave a radiant colour of orange and red. 

You know when you go to the beach in the evening and the sky has this orange and red colour that looks like it was at the end of where the sunset? Yeah, that's how it looks like. 

I kept glancing at my new phone occasionally wanting to rip the life of the phone and just turn it on.

Maybe having a stepdaddy wasn't going to be so bad. But Mommy and I are going to start living with them in their mansion. Along, with Nanny of course. 

I was finally going to have a new family...Who will love me and make me happy? 

A/n

How was it? I love writing this book so much.

How is the book so far. Please tell me you honest opinion.