9

Hey.

----

Hendrick P.O.V

"What the hell do you mean?" I asked tilting my head as I lean on the red marble in the kitchen. They looked at each other quite confused. 

Dummies!

"Aurora? The girl that acts like a child. I saw her at the wedding." Mom said carelessly. I stared at her watching her face and every muscle that ticked. That was to know if she was lying but nothing at all. 

"How do you know her?" I asked not buying a single thing they said. Yeah, I admit that I may have lied to Aurora about my parents being dead but that's totally no way I thought about my 'parent' finding her. 

"We met her parents at the mall on a particular day. We chit chatted and grabbed some coffee and things like that. That was a few weeks ago so I decided to call her to visit." Mom spoke. I hiked my eyebrow, startled. 

"You invited just her or also her daughter?" I asked with genuine loathing in my tone. Dad shrugged perching back on the couch. 

"Both of them of course. What do you expect?"

"I expect you to at least have a brain in this time of age." I dragged. 

"Watch your tone son! If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be here today. Don't forget that. Now be a gentleman and grab yourself a seat. Now!"

I groaned as I walked to the black coffee couch and sat on it. 

"Good. Now, tell me about your relationship with Aurora." Mom said. A petite simper trembled on her pink lips as she observes me with interest. I knew it! They would want to know everything about me. Even my personal like. 

"Friends." I blankly said. 

"It doesn't look like it. Rethink about it, her mom told me about your repeated visit to her house. It must something more than just friends." She appended. I circled my eyes. 

"You don't deserve to know about anything about me. Stop pretending you care." I snapped as I reached up back on my feet. 

Ding dong!

The bell rang. 

Aurora's P.O.V

I tenderly planted the cupcakes into the basket making sure that the icing didn't touch each other. My leg roamed on the pavement. I put the cupcakes on my lap and clasped the passenger's door when I was in. 

"Aren't you happy? You're finally going to meet your crush's parent. I'll like to know what kind of background my daughter finds her interest in." Mommy teased. I sighed softly taking a peek inside the basket. The cupcake scent filled my nostrils making me sigh again.

"What's wrong, dear? You don't look too happy and bubbly." Mommy spoke. I lifted my head to look at her.

"Hendrick lied to me."

~~

"Oh! They must be the ones." Dad spoke running eagerly to see who was at the door. I never knew he had a soft spot but that was none of my business. I don't care to know anything about them.

"Welcome. We were just talking about you. Oh, where's Aurora?" Mom spoke. I shifted to the left to see who was behind and it was her...Aurora. 

"Oh, welcome. Please, come in." My mom said that she fakes her pitched cheerful voice. I rolled my eyes as my eyes landed on Aurora. She was wearing a blue flower gown and a scarf. Beautiful as always. 

Her eyes immediately mine. Her lips curled up into a frown while she shivers a little. I tucked my hands into my Black jean pocket, watching her. 

I was supposed to feel nervous or angry at myself but I wasn't. It was like I wanted Aurora to even find out I lied to her. 

"This must be Aurora. She's so cute but o my, why the doll face?" Mom asked cupping Aurora's cheek. I cringed. 

"umm., Hi," Aurora said shyly holding still holding the brown basket. I walked up to her, casually and took the basket, placing it on the table. 

"Shy. So naive. Please join us at the dining table. Thank you for the cupcakes, they smell delicious." She added and went on. 

Just me and Aurora. 

"Hey," I said, quietly. Her lips quiver as she looked at me, hurt. 

"Who are they?" She asked playing with the ribbon on her wrist. I sighed coming closer to cup her cheek but she just moved back. 

"Tell me, please. I need to know."

"They are my parents," I said, hurriedly. I wasn't even sweating or anything. I was calm. Just letting the truth fly out of my mouth.

"Yo-u told me t-hey were d..ead" She shuttered. I licked my lips at the situation. 

"I lied."

Aurora's P.O.V

"I lied."

Did he lie? 

To me?

Why?

"Why?" I asked, trying to control my spilling emotions. 

"Because...I have a reason." He uttered. I stared at him with utmost shock. Hendrick Harrison lied to me, I thought we were friends. Great friends

"Didn't you trust me?" I asked again, my voice croaky. 

"Aurora-

"Answer me, Hendrick!" I half-yelled. 

"I didn't." 

Cliffhangers!!

A/n

*Wipes sweat* Things are getting heated. Sorry for taking too long to upload. So...Yeah, Aurora founded out the truth that Hendrick lied to her. What do you think he's going to do? The question is: What do you think Aurora is gonna think?

I hope you liked this chapter. 

Babe, smash that star above and get this chapter to 10 votes.

Thank you so much for 12.9k views. 

Please don't hate me for getting you in suspense cause that's what I do! ;)