Chapter 2- The Plum Blossoms Spring

Wei Xiao runs until he passes the jade dragon statues that are erected by the bridge. He looked left and right and sigh. The feeling of familiarity he felt with Qin Zuijia was something he can explain but refuses to admit.

The sun sets as two figures walk towards him, passing through the bridge. The woman smiled at him. "Greetings young master Wei."

She had her hair tied in a high ponytail. Wearing a white cheongsam that signifies her position in the clan. She had a thin and delicate body - her waist was thin as though it would snap with a single touch, Her chest was full yet was covered with a red shoal. Although she is already past the age of one hundred, she still looks as if she was in her thirties.

This woman is Wei Xiao's aunt. To be exact, this woman is her sister-in-law's mother. Her relationship with Wei Xiao may not be cold, but it wasn't as if they were able to discuss the private stuff either. To Wei Xiao, she is simply a familiar yet unfamiliar figure.

The woman is called Li Xinfang. She is the eldest daughter of the Li clan and is the wife of Ran Xuan who is the current clan leader of the Ran Clan. Her appearance today is simply because of Qin Zuijia.

"Madame Li." Wei Xiao cupped his hand in greeting. Although he refuses to befriend hypocritical people, this doesn't mean he wants to get on their bad side. People like Li Xinfang would smile in front of you, but would stab you once you turn around. But for the sake of giving face, he won't slap the woman in the face. He would respect this elder, but that's as far as he'll go.

"Young master Wei seems to be running away from something. May I inquire what it is?" She flipped open her fan.

The thought of Qin Zuijia came to his mind, but because such thoughts are outrageous, he ignored it. "I Just left the dungeon after a confrontation with Qin Zuijia." He said, his voice calm. But as the name passed his lips, he couldn't help but furrow his brow.

"Aye! Seems like Young master Wei experienced the shamelessness of that beast." She comforted, but her eyes showed a slight delight. "I say. The Ran clan should have been the one to settle scores with Qin Zuijia to leave some face for the Qin Clan." She said, probing the young man .

Wei Xiao isn't stupid. He knew that this woman came to the Qin Manor in hopes that the clan would hand over Qin Zuijia and allow them to extort the man's soul. With Qin Zuijia's level of cultivation, practitioners from different parts of the continent want to either dual-cultivate with him or eat him to extract the essence of his soul - this would allow them to increase in levels very quickly.

But Wei Xiao isn't one of those people. Though he knew the advantage of having the man to himself, he never thought of doing such a thing to him. He wanted the other to be punished and would only wish for death.

Li Xinfang saw his dark gaze and smiled. "Seems like the young master has plans for the villain. But let me warn you. Qin Zuijia isn't like anyone you've ever met." She paused as she walked towards him to whisper in his ears. "Well, you haven't met a lot of people so..."

Her words were very powerful against Wei Xiao. Ever since his parents died, Wei Xiao has locked himself to cultivate, never going out to meet and talk to people. The friends he used to have left, and those that stayed no longer chat with him, just simply nodding and hurrying away. This made him no longer trust people. If the people he used to call friends changed just because you became stronger than them, then they aren't your friends. The only people he trusts are his uncle, his brother and brother's wife.

Wei Xiao trembles in anger. He wanted to peel that woman's skin off. Though he doesn't possess any other hatred towards her, those words really made him enrage.