Chapter 6 - I'll take your clothes off

The next day came, The sun shines beautifully down a lone manor on top of a hill. Wei Xiao was sleepless. His eyes bulged, and tears came flowing down. Today's the day. The last day he's going to see his family. The last day he'd see his people. Wei Xiao was huffing and puffing, covered with sweat, chest hurting. He bit his lip, but to no avail. His whole body was trembling, grief placated onto his face...Wei Xiao was scared.

He wanted to fix his appearance but he could feel his body. It was as if a large boulder was crushing him down. He felt tired. So. so. so tired. He remembered the last he felt like this was when he found out that his parents had an accident in an expedition. He was trembling endlessly when he read the letter sent by the disciples who followed his parents. But that was the last thing they sent before the letter saying that his parents were dead. At that time, he was still 12 years old. In order to distract himself, he cultivated and cultivated. He had no sense of time when cultivating, and most of the time, he'd exhaust himself.

Today was yet another doomsday for Wei Xiao. He was trembling so much that he didn't notice that a certain little rabbit had snuck out.

He wanted to stand up, but his body didn't respond.

When he felt a little strength flowing through his body, He heave a sigh of relief. If he cannot perform the task sent to him by his uncle, then he won't be able to show his face to him again. That is if the other was still alive.

Ten minutes later, Wei Xiao can finally move. He stood up immediately, but then fell down again. Though he can move, his blood hasn't yet circulated properly. He fell to the ground with a loud 'bang'.

------------

Wei Xiao made his way to the dungeon. He held his head along the way, trying to lessen the throbbing pain he got when he stood up that morning. In addition, his heart hasn't yet felt relief, it made it even worse when he saw the massage circulating in their residence:

'We advise the disciples under the Qin Clan to take a very long vacation. In the next few days, we might experience a lot of difficulties, and might not even survive. Those who are willing to stay, are invited to the Clan Leader's office to discuss the matter. Those who don't, please leave immediately.

The Qin Family bids you farewell.'

Though what type of difficulty they would experience wasn't stated, those who read them can understand that something isn't right. Many disciples stayed, some left a little muddle-headed. Those who inquired about the problem started to question only to feel cold and frightened...indeed, the Qin clan have fallen.

Wei Xiao arrived at the dungeon, his expression now cold. If no one would inquire, they wouldn't know that deep down, Wei Xiao was still panic-stricken.

The dungeon was still cold, wet and a bit dirty. The walls were covered with water which flowed from all directions. The sole of Wei Xiao's boots were already covered with mud. He held a uniform worn by the guards on one had, with it, there was a bottle containing a light blue pill.

He stood in front of Qin Zuijia's cell, only to find that the other was trembling as if cold. He cough and sneeze repeatedly, and his fave were bright red, eyes misted, and red. His body was lying weakly on the ground, hugging himself, trying to feel a little bit warm, but because his clothes was already covered with water, there were much heat. Though Wei Xiao haven't checked Qin Zuijia's temperature yet, he knew just from the other's look that he has a fever.

Wei Xiao unlocked the cell door and went inside. He checked the other's temperature and sure enough he was convulsing.

He grabbed the other's wet clothes that were sticking to his skin, showing a thin and white figure. Though he was a little muddy, his delicate and jade like body still showed. His hair draped down his chest which was half open by the sudden movement of Wei Xiao's hand. His collarbone was already eye-catching, yet two pink points on the side of the chest over shadowed it.