Chapter 3 - Xiao Bai?

The little rabbit was silently sleeping inside Wei Xiao's clothes. The warmth of his body gave the little guy a comforting place to rest. Before he left, Wei Xiao asked the people of The Plum Blossoms Spring if they knew who this rabbit's master was, but was told that it might be a stray. Nevertheless, Wei Xiao isn't planning on making this little rabbit his pet.

When he arrived at the front gate of their mansion, The red wooden gate inlaid with golden leaf designs, seemed to glow with the night sky. The moon light hit the gate making it feel like the gates to heaven.

Wei Xiao waved at the guards by the gate, and the two guards open the gates to welcome their young master.

The night was still.

The moon was bright.

The cold breeze blew on his hair, making them sway.

It was a peaceful night, but an unknown feeling rose inside Wei Xiao. He cleared his throat and made his way into his side manor.

"Young Master!" A surprised voice came from the west. He seems to have been startled by the sudden appearance of Wei Xiao. "Why are you still out this time of night?"

Wei Xiao turned to meet the young man. He seemed to have seen him before, but he can't remember. The boy was about 180 cm tall, his facial features aren't as handsome as other men, but because he takes after his mother, he looks a bit feminine. He wore a white and blue hanfu which indicates that he is a direct disciple of the Qin Clan. When his eyes met with Wei Xiao, he shrunk a bit.

Wei Xiao wasn't interested in befriending weak people, but he seems to have forgotten a lot of people he met before. The boy should have a status accompanying him to be able to wear such clothing. He asked the boy : "Who are you?" He asked with a frown.

The boy was startled but still bowed his head with respect. "I am the eldest disciple of Master Qin Wenyan. My name is Mo Lanyu."

Wei Xiao stared at the other with indifference. He seemed to have a vague guess on why he felt uncomfortable when he entered his home. To meet Mo Lanyu after hearing Ran Shixuan's rant about his love seemed ludicrous, but his face only shows a frown. He started walking towards his side manor when Mo Lanyu called him again.

"Is there anything you need from me?" Wei Xiao raised an eyebrow and stare at the other.

The other flinched and said with a cough. "The Mo clan asked me to tell the Qin Clan Leader that if they ever need help with Qin Zuijia, they could always call us." He lowered his head and turned his gaze away. "My father said that if it's too much for the Qin family to lock Qin Zuijia, the Mo clan would help take care of him."

So this is why this boy was outside and was surprised to see him. The boy must have received a message from his family to try and take Qin Zuijia to their clan by using fawning words and words of distress. But how could Wei Xiao not see this. He knew that many clans wanted to take all the credit in killing Qin Zuijia and bite more than they could chew, but that doesn't mean he would be kind enough to give them what they wanted.

"I will tell my uncle about it." Wei Xiao said as he continued to walk to his house. He stopped as he remembered something. "Do you know someone called Ran Shixuan?"

Mo Lanyu raised his head, his eyes wide open. "Ran Shixuan? The eldest young master of the Ran clan. of course I know him." He smiled and added. "He ran away from his home to get out of marriage." He seemed to find it ridiculous as he puffed out a small laugh.

"Do you know him personally?"

"No. It's probably best if I don't get close with someone who shamed his family."