Chapter 5- Making the most of it.

Wei Xiao went out after packing. He drew back the barrier and heard cursing at his door. Wei Xiao sneered at those hypocritical people and went to meet him.

Li Biming's flushed face welcomed him when he opened the doors, his feminine features were distorted and streams seemed to come out of his head. He was beautiful, but when he was angry, he looked like those devils running around.

"WEI XIAO!" He pointed his fingers at him. "YOU AREN'T REALLY FROM THE QIN FAMILY. YOU DARE ACT ARROGANT IN FRONT OF ME!!"

Wei Xiao looked at him. If his understanding of the person is correct, He would be one of those who would take pleasure in torturing his family once they take over. Though the Qin family can fight, they still can't stand against the Four great clans. They would end up dead or in prison if they fight. The original family might have won, but none from them exists in this world other than Qin Zuijia, and he was the catalyst for this feud.

Wei Xiao nodded at Li Biming and Madam Li and went on his way to see his brother.

Li Biming saw that he had been ignored and cursed at Wei Xiao. When the others seemed unaffected, He rushed towards him with his sword.

Wei Xiao dodge to the side and continue to walk, unaffected. The other was still fuming, and the swing of his sword was unorganized. He could have hit Wei Xiao if his thoughts were not in disarray, but today seems like a bad day for him.

Wei Xiao slammed his fist on the other's face. As everyone in the whole Heavenly City knows that Clan leader Li's greatest asset was his face, coincidentally, this was also his greatest weakness. Wei Xiao mercilessly punched the other in the face and walked away as if nothing had happened.

Li Biming was still stunned by the other's action of hitting his face. When he came to his senses, he gritted his teeth and vowed to kill Wei Xiao the next time they meet.

Wei Xiao went to the Peach Blossoms pavilion and watched as his brother played happily with his son and wife. Qin Xuan had already told them about the matter and that they can no longer do anything other than have Wei Xiao take Qin Zuijia away with him. Though the clan would completely disappear, at least the others won't be able to take what they came here to steal. His brother is now enjoying the last moments he'd be able to spend with his child and wife.

Wei Xiayu's wife is the most beautiful woman in the heavenly City. She was the eldest daughter of Clan Leader Ran and Madam Li, Ran Linghua. She was looking at his husband tenderly, she was also aware of what would happen in the future, and she vowed to die with his husband when the time comes.

The three happily interacted together. Wei Xiao chest hurt, this should be the last time he would feel this warmth in his lifetime.

Xiao Ling saw his uncle coming and beckoned him to walk faster. He brought a small dumpling to Wei Xiao's hand and ordered him to eat it. Wei Xiao did as he was told.

"Uncle, yummy?" Xiao Ling asked him.

"Yummy." Wei Xiao murmured.

Wei Xiayu laughed at the interaction between his brother and son. His smile was bright, and it seemed that this smile would also disappear soon.

"Ah-Xiao, Come and play with Xiao Ling." Wei Xiayu said. He turned to his wife and said, "Ah-Ling, come bring Xiao-er some tea."

Ran Linghua smiled at Wei Xiao and went to get some tea.

Wei Xiayu smiled at his brother. "Xiao-er, can I request something from you?"

Wei Xiao was stunned for a moment, but quickly came back to his senses. He was still thinking of how to get the most out of this moment that they have left, and was a little out of it.

"About Xiao Ling." Wei Xiayu directly went to business. "Ah-Xiao should be aware of what will happen in the coming days."

"Mn." Wei Xiao nodded.

"If it's not too much." He smiled as though Wei Xiao was his last hope. "Could you bring Xiao Ling with you?"

Wei Xiao was stunned, but was also aware that his brother wouldn't let the child see what would happen in the next few days. Choosing between having his brother bring his son away, even if it means it would be the last time they would meet, and having his son killed by the others, it was obvious that he would pick the former one. Wei Xiao didn't disagree with his decision, He knew that it was for the best.

"What about brother and elder sister?" Wei Xiao asked.

Wei Xiayu shakes his head. "As the Heir to the Qin clan, I have to defend our family. Ah-Ling wont go as well. We plan to stay and fight till the end. Maybe we'll win."

Wei Xiao bit his lips and was unable to say anything else. He gripped his clothes and heaved a helpless sigh.

Wei Xiayu smiled at him.

Ran Linghua saw that the two brothers were chatting and a trance of a warm smile was placed on his lips. She was aware of what his husband wanted to do and for the sake of defending the home that welcomed her, she was willing to fight along with them.

Xiao Ling was still too young to understand what the two brothers were talking about. He put a confused look on his face before asking. "Xiao Ling goes with Uncle? Where?"

Wei Xiayu smiled at his son. It was unknown what he was feeling. I could be griefed about being unable to stay with his son til he grows up, Helplessness towards other clans retaliating against the current Qin clan, fear that everyone he loves might die. But no matter what he feels, he cannot change the fact that this war between the four great clans and the Qin clan is set in stone.

It must be known that the current Qin clan isn't as strong as the original one. Without the bloodline of the original family, they cannot call upon their ancestral Demon beasts. And even though Qin Xuan is already in the late golden core stage, the enemy was at least at the peak stages. Their star rank was far from each other as well. The only thing they could do is run away or stay and fight.

The brothers look at each other; one places a beautiful smile on his face, and the other is enveloped in cold frost.

Wei Xiayu drank the tea which his wife brought in and said. "Uncle is bringing Xiao Ling out to play tomorrow, be good and stay with uncle, alright."

Xiao Ling nodded vigorously.

Finding his nephew acting like himself, Wei Xiao's tense heart eased a bit, but he still bit his lower lip.

"Ah-Xiao, be good, alright?" Wei Xiayu whispered to Wei Xiao.

Wei Xiao sighed and nodded.

The time went by and the harmonious atmosphere maintained until the night. The four people on the pavilion expressed their happiness with each other, the little grievance they have in their hearts and the warm laughter that would stay as a memory in their soul.

When time arrived, Wei Xiayu embraced his brother. His eyes were a bit red and it was unknown when he would end up bursting with tears, but he kept it in, not wanting the other to see them. He smiled at Wei Xiao and said his goodbyes.

The Sun sank and the sky was lit brightly by glistening stars. But it was as if knives were on Wei Xiao's heart.