12. Flashlight

The week went by pretty fast. Since that day, Nathan had been spending the nights with me, though we didn't do anything other than an occasional make out. I still haven't told him why, and he didn't push either. I giggled, my thoughts wandering to the second night we spent together.

After I had ordered him to get on my bed, we cuddled and talked. He told me about how his mother was a single parent. He grew up next door to Zach and across the street from Oli and Eli. His mom married Lily's dad when they were 12, and though it took them some time, they slowly warmed up to each other, and Lily was added to their group of inseparable friends. Lily started dating Chace when they were in high school, which is how they all became close. He didn't talk about his father, and I quickly learned that it was a touchy subject for him.

He used to stay until I was awake and then used to rush to his place to get ready. Getting to class on time seemed like a huge task every day. I spent more time getting to know all of them but was particularly close to Oli, Zach, and Lily.

Saturday evening came sooner than I had anticipated. Nate told me that he'd pick me up around 6. It was now 4:30, and I was sitting on the floor of my room, with my cupboard turned upside down. Izzie and Lily were responsible for throwing all my clothes down.

"Not this one!"

"Maybe this? Nah"

"Ohh, I like this.."

"He said casual, and that is anything but casual."

Both of them were bickering over which outfit I should be wearing today. Eli and I were having lunch together when Izzie came and dragged me to the room. Eli followed, as he was and I quote "so bored that he would find a monkey fight entertaining right now." He was sitting on my bed and decided to finish his lunch, which Izzie, oh so politely interrupted.

Lily came over as soon as her class was over, and now they were both taking apart my whole room.

"Urg. Do you know where he is taking her?" Izzie asked Lily and Eli.

"Well, duh." Eli rolled his eyes and continued munching on his sandwich.

"Zoe. Shut your ears and stand in the corner," Lily ordered.

"Damn you, Eli." I gave him a stink eye, and stood in the corner, pouting.

"Hey, blame Cruella here," he muttered, looking at Izzie.

"Eli. Focus," Izzie snapped.

I heard hushed whispers and a loud sound. I turned around to find Eli nursing his head.

"Did you just whack him?" I asked, holding my laughter.

"Eliott here could have saved us all the trouble if he would have just told me that to begin with," she pointed sharply.

"There's no winning with you women. Is there?" He grumbled and sat down on the bed.

"Alright, let's play whack-a-Eli later, and choose an outfit," Lily said, trying to avoid getting distracted again. "Zoe, take a shower, and we'll keep the outfit ready. Eli, get out. She needs to get ready now."

No wonder Izzie and Lily get along so well. They could easily pass as twins. I went to take a shower. I shaved my leg, washed my hair, and finished blow drying it. After I was done, I walked out and saw Lily holding out an outfit, while Izzie was arranging her makeup kit.

They had picked out a white sweater shirt, and a black skirt that had ruffles in it. I wore my back ankle-length boots, and paired it with a woollen scarf, that Izzie lent me, and my black handbag. Lily did my hair, curling them to have them fall in waves. Izzie did my makeup, during which Lily and I had to fight her to ensure that she doesn't overdo it. When they were done poking and prodding, they finally shoved me in front of a mirror.