CHAPTER 1

Mom got me ready into the bridal outfit with teary eyes. I have to be strong for my parents, I decided. Just as she got me dressed, dad entered to call us downstairs. He looked sad and depressed. I gave him a small smile and he returned it with a sad one. 

'Beta let's go, it's time' he said softly. I nodded and held his outstretched hand. I walked up to the mandap, walking between my parents, using them as my support. I thought about my other supports, my best friends, Dev and Arav. They didn't even know that I was getting married. 

I sat at the mandap and thought about all my life plans and all my hopes for love. I didn't pay attention to anything the panditji(priest) was saying. All the vows and promises were going to be fake after all. It would all be for show, for the world. We walked around the holy fire, but I didn't pay any attention. I was thinking about how I would usually be sleeping or studying for my exams. I would take my exams all over again instead of this. I felt like sleeping there and then but then realized that I was the centre of attention in this case. A long time later, the panditji said the wedding is now over and declared us husband and wife. 

We took the blessings of all our elders and I cried as I left my parents. I would have never returned from my boarding school had I known this would have happened. I kept crying all the way to my new home, but Siddarth kept looking outside the window without any emotion. We reached his house, which was more like a mansion. 

His family was standing at the door, waiting to invite us in

His family was standing at the door, waiting to invite us in. They did all the rituals, even though they were rather cold and rude. I just closed my eyes and beared the insults. I didn't talk back,  just sat there silently. Finally, they asked Siddarth's bhabhi(brother's wife), to take me to Siddarth's room. She took me there silently, it was an awkward silence.

The room was beautifully decorated but made me feel weird and even more upset. Why did di have to elope? I wouldn't be in this situation if not for her. The door opened, pulling me out of my trance. Siddarth walked in, anger was clear in his eyes. I just didn't know what to do. Maybe we could be friends? 

'Don't even think of coming in my way, we got married just for show. You mean nothing to me, so just mind your own business' he said, and there went my idea of being friends. I just looked away and spotted a balcony. I went out to get some fresh air. It felt good to let all the cool air hit my body. After some time I decided to call someone. I needed a pair of clothes, I can't sleep in this. 

RING....RING.....RING

After 3 rings the person, well the 2 people picked up the call. 

'Kriti, why the hell are you disturbing my sleep?' Dev asked. 

'I agree yaar, just go to sleep and let us sleep' Arav agreed. Atleast something remained the same. I sobbed harder at the thought. This seemed to alert them. 

'Kriti, what happened?' Arav asked. 

'Nothing' I said, it came out as barely a whisper. 

'Princess' he said, the tone of warning in his voice. I couldn't stop myself, I told them everything. 

'Shit' they both cursed. 

'Do you want us to come and get you? We can help you run away' Arav suggested. It would have been funny, had today not happened. 

'No, I can't. I can't let my parents down, even though I am mad at them for all of this. I won't talk to them, but I need my clothes, I obviously hadn't packed and don't have any clothes, so can you guys go home and get a few clothes for me?' I asked. 

'Ofcouse princess, just calm down. We are here for you and I agree with Arav, anytime you wanna get away from all of this, just give us a call. Even if it is in the middle of the night' Dev said worriedly. It brought a small smile to my face. I loved these guys a lot. 

'Thanks guys, am sending you my location. Please get the clothes quickly, I can't bear to sit in this dress any longer' I said, whining like a kid. They chuckled at that. 

'There, our normal Kriti is back' Arav said, before all of us hung up. I kept sitting on the couch in the balcony, not bothering about the man in the room. 

-----1 hour later--------

RING...RING...

I immediately picked Arav's call. 

'Hey, we are waiting outside' he said and I nodded. 

'Princess, I hope you know, we can't see you nodding' Dev said, and I smiled. These idiots knew me too well. 

'Doesn't matter, you know me well enough, anyways am coming out in a minute' I said. 

I walked into the room to see Siddarth lying on the bed using his phone. I walked up to the door, but before I could open it, he said something that annoyed me. 

'Where are you going at this time? Planning to run away just like your sister?' he asked. 

'You just told me to mind my own business and I will tell you the same. Don't poke your nose, it shouldn't matter to you, no matter what I do' I said before leaving the room. I walked outside to see the two of them waiting, leaning against the car. I quickly ran up to them and hugged both of them together, inhaling the familiar, comforting scent. It calmed me down. 

'Kriti, if anyone can get through this, it is you. Don't worry so much and call us if you need us, we don't care what time it is' they said. I nodded and slowly pulled away from the hug.

'Guys its been a long day, let's meet tomorrow peacefully' I said. I took the bag from them and both of them kissed my forehead, before getting in the car. I got in the house and walked up to the room I had to share with Siddarth. 

I was pinned against the wall the minute I entered the room. I looked at him questioningly. 

'Why did you agree to this marriage if you had a boyfriend, actually 2 boyfriends?' he asked, gripping my wrists tighter. 

'Ouch, you're hurting me' I winced with tears pooling my eyes. His grip slackened slightly. 

'TELL ME, was it for the money, just like your sister' he said in a cold tone that sent shivers down my spine. 

'I am not liable to answer to you' I said rudely. 

'TELL ME' he said even more angrily, sounding like some wild beast. 

'They are my best friends, more like my brothers. We've known each other since playgroup. I married you because I didn't want the reputation of my parents to be tainted. And now that I have answered your questions, stay away from me and don't talk to me' I said pushing him away. I walked to the washroom and got changed into my night suit. Walking out, I saw him working on his laptop. 

'You know, I figured out why didi ran away from you, and why she didn't fall for you' I said tauntingly. He glared at me, asking me to shut up but his eyes held curiosity. 

'No one can spend time with an arrogant, rude, cold jerk like you' I simply said before walking into the balcony and sleeping on the couch there. It was very cold but I wouldn't ask Siddarth for help, so I just curled up and slept. I just hope tomorrow is better, was my last thought before I slipped into a dreamless sleep

HEY GUYS, I HOPE YOU LIKED IT! IF YOU DID, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE