CHAPTER 6

The day was spent just as I wanted it. Mumma, dad, and dadu did everything I wanted and even watched boss baby, despite all their arguments against doing it. All of us played cards and monopoly, laughing and joking about normally, but it was quite obvious that something was missing. It was di, why did she do it? I was lost in my thoughts and didn't notice dad sitting beside me. 

'Bacha, I know what you are thinking. Don't think about her and just live your life peacefully. I know that Sid is a good man and he will take care of you and just like your mom told you the day you got married, give friendship a chance. You don't know where it will lead' he said kissing my forehead. I laid my head on his lap and he caressed my hair softly humming. Dadu and Mumma joined too. All of us were talking about past memories and no one mentioned di. Dadu started telling me about mumma and dad's marriage. They also had an arranged marriage. 

'You know Kriti, your mum and dad also had an arranged marriage right. During the first few days, you should have seen them. Both of them used to taunt each other and pull pranks on each other because of some petty argument they had in the mandap(the place where the marriage took place). The best one was when your dad planned to drench your mum in flour, and it backfired. Your dadi(grandma) used to adore your mumma at that time. Now, back to the story, your dadi went to wake your dad instead of Aaliyaa. Abhi was already up and had set up a system where, the minute the door opened first flour and then water would fall on whosoever enters. I believe you would have guessed by now, but still, I'll finish the story. All of that fell on your dadi instead of Aaliyaa and Abhi was made to clean the room and do every chore in the house. She made your dad apologize to your mom and made him do all her work. She was really enjoying but then your dad fell ill because of fatigue and she felt bad for him. Aaliyaa took good care of Abhi and look where it got them now. Look, if they could make it work, so will you. Just have some patience and faith in god. Things will work out between you and Sid as well' he said comfortingly. I laughed at the story and enjoyed myself with them. Later in the evening, Siddarth came. He spoke with mumma and dad happily and even played a game of chess with dadu. It was weird, as if he had completely forgotten about di and didn't blame mumma and dad for it. I was happy that he was being nice though. 

Mumma insisted that we had dinner with them before leaving and I agreed. All of us sat peacefully and had our meal in comfortable silence, with dad and Siddarth talking about business and mumma scolding them for it. It had been a rule at our place, no business talk on the dining table. Dad raised his hands in surrender and Siddarth held his ears and smiled sheepishly. Mom nodded and smiled. I couldn't hold it any longer, I laughed at the look Siddarth had on earlier. It was priceless. I wish I had my phone. 

'What's so funny?' he asked with a glare. 

'Your---face--' I replied still laughing. He sighed and looked away. Good, seems like he already gave up on arguing with me. 

'Good job unc-I mean Siddarth. Finally, you seem to have realized that you will never win an argument against me' I said proudly, patting his head without realizing. He rolled his eyes at me and gave me a look that said SHUT UP. I grinned at that, I had managed to rile him up. Mumma and dad laughed at us, reminding me of their presence. 

'Not really dear Kritika, we can continue this discussion in the car, but for now, I want to eat mumma delicious food peacefully, so DND' he said, before eating again. I huffed and promised myself to do better next time.

The meal continued peacefully without any more arguments and I enjoyed the peace. All of us sat in the living room and watched the match before Siddarth realized how late it was. Both of us hugged everyone and wished them goodnight. 

As we were walking to the car I got another trick to rile him up and grinned at the idea. 

'Driver ji, how much time do you think it will take to reach your house?' I asked. He glared at me before opening my door and gesturing me to get in. 

'Thank you for opening the door driver ji, but you have still not answered my question. I will tell my maa that you ignore me and she will fire you, so please answer my question immediately' I said with a fake cringy tone. He looked as though he would burst out laughing any minute now. He seemed to think for a minute before agreeing to play along. 

'Sorry madam ji, don't do that. Your maa, is very scary when she is angry and she loves you the most in the house, so it will be even worse. My wife and I will have no home if I get fired, ma'am. Please, I beg you and the answer to your question is, it will take half an hour' he said, wiping fake tears. Both of us looked at each other and burst out laughing. It was very funny, but I failed at riling him up once again. 

----30 minutes later----

'Finally, we reached your house' I said yawning as we walked to the door. I was suddenly pulled back and fell into a hard chest. 

'It is now your home too, so stop with this your house thing. It is OUR home' he whispered in my ear and I felt a shiver run down my spine at that. He let go of my hand and I was pulled out of my trance. I turned and started walking fast to get away from him before he saw my cheeks heating up. 

He used his key to open the door and both of us made our way to our room. I was a little surprised to see a new couch instead of the one he had earlier. I looked at him and raised my eyebrow in silent question. 

'Well, you're not gonna let me sleep on the bed and maa is not going to let me sleep in any other room, so i got a comfy couch for myself' he said smartly. 

'Ohh, good, so no one sleeps uncomfortably. Anyways, good night' I said before getting into the duvet and immediately falling asleep. 

HEY GUYS! I HOPE YOU LIKED IT , IF YOU DID PLEASE VOTE✨ , COMMENT AND SHARE