CHAPTER 11

This place brought back so many memories

Flashback

2 years ago

'Di let's not go please. You know I hate that place. Please, please, please' I whined.

Di kept on looking at me without any expressions. If she ever chose to play poker or any other game of that sort, she would definitely scare away all her opponents. 

'Di pretty please with a cherry on top' I begged with a pout and puppy eyes. I knew she wouldn't be able to resist those for long, no one could. It was the ace card up my sleeve. 

'Don't show me those puppy eyes Kriti, I am used to them now. I have known you since the day you were born. Doesn't work on me anymore' she said winking before walking out. I groaned internally before laying lifelessly on my bed. The door opened once again and I knew it was di. I didn't have to check to know.

'Kriti get up you lazy girl. We are leaving for that place in 20 minutes. You are going to face your fear today, I don't care what anyone else says. Am I clear?' she asked, sounding as stern as mumma. I frowned but nodded in agreement. Di walked out and I quickly got ready, knowing di's temper. Oh shit, sorry I completely forgot, you'll must be confused right. 

The reason I am afraid of that place is that the last time I went there, I had spoken rudely to some man who accidentally pushed me and then didn't even apologize. When I met him again on the very same day, I fought with him a lot, and then he walked away calling me a mentally retarded girl. I had vowed that I would beat the arrogant man the next time I met him. Later, I came to know that he was the owner of that restaurant. I changed my vow to never returning to the restaurant. Now di was hell-bent on taking me there and changing my belief. 

Back to the story, sorry I keep zoning out. I got ready at a snail's pace and got downstairs only to see di standing at the bottom of the staircase looking at the watch on her hand and glaring at me. I quickly ran down the stairs and stood beside her in attention. 

'Sorry di, but do we really have to go?' I asked with a pout. 

'The driver is waiting, let's go' she said before walking out of the house. I followed her like a puppy. We got to the place and I slowly got out trying to cover my face with my scarf.

'Don't behave like an idiot Kriti' di said before snatching my scarf. I groaned but quietly followed her not wanting to make a scene. Once we got in we settled down and she started talking to me about her day and about some guy that had proposed her. I was laughing at the way di was mimicking him when I suddenly felt a presence behind me. 

'I hope you're not having any problems with our service?' he asked politely, but I knew that voice, it was him. I hesitantly turned my head to face him at di's glare. 

'You??' he asked, seeming a little surprised. 

'Yes, me and I am sorry about that day' I said softly. 

'No no, you shouldn't be sorry, I am sorry. Actually I was a having a terrible day, when I bumped into you. I am extremely sorry for my behavior' he said kindly. I was a little shocked, but happy. He seemed nice. 

'See, I told you. I don't know why you were so scared Kriti' di said smiling at that man. 

'Why were you scared?' he asked curiously. 

'Well, last time we met wasn't too great' I said honestly. 

'I wouldn't eat you up, no matter what. I eat only veg' he said with a chuckle. Di laughed too and I smiled sheepishly. 

'Anyways, my name's Aryan Shah. It's great to meet you both' he said. 

'I'm Krishi Singhania and this is my sister Kritika Singhania' di introduced both of us. 

'Are you'll Abhimanyu Singhania's daughters?' he asked. We nodded, since this often happened. Dad was quite famous. Just then our meal arrived. 

'Alright then, I'll get going, enjoy your meal' he said and turned around to walk away. 

'Mr. Shah, unless you have some prior commitment' di asked him. He turned around with a smile. 

'Are you sure, I don't want to barge in?' he asked. 

'It's not at all a problem. Plus, I honestly have nothing to talk about with her' di said pointing to me with fake disgust. I stuck my tongue out at her in return and he smiled, probably amused with our behavior. He joined us and asked the server to get his meal to our table. The 3 of us enjoyed our meal sitting peacefully. We spoke about any and everything, laughing and teasing each other. By the end of the night all of us had exchanged numbers. We kept meeting at the restaurant over the weekends and even on weekdays at times. Well, that was until I went away for my studies. I knew di was in contact with him and I had a suspicion that they liked each other but I didn't say anything since I wasn't sure. 

Back to present

I felt someone's palm in front of my hand and looked up to see Mr. Idiot looking at me concerned. That was when I realized the tears on my cheeks. 

'Are you okay? What happened?' he asked. 

'Nothing, just some memories' I replied curtly. 

'Do you want to talk about it?' he asked softly. 

'Not really, maybe some other time' I said. 

'Well, you know where I am all the time, in case you want to talk at any time' he said. I smiled at that. 

'Are you ready to go, or we could meet them some other day' he asked. 

'I'm fine, let's go. I have some prospective sister-in-laws to test' I said pushing all my thoughts away. He smiled at me warmly and both of us made our way inside, with his hand on my lower back.