Family

Chapter 17

~Hope POV~

When I woke up this morning I wasn't familiar with the room, I wanted to wait here and see if someone could come get me but no one came. I got up from off the bed throwing the sheet off.

I push the door open which revealed a beautiful room the walls were painted white with some art works hang up with a flowers pattern design.

The thing that caught my eye was a beautiful painting of a woman at the bottom of it was sign by Milia Valentino.

"It's beautiful isn't it" A voice said scaring me.

I look back to see Hayden smiling at me. The first smile I have ever seen him gave me.

Seeing him I remember everything that happened last night, I can't believe that I finally found my family.

"Sorry didn't mean to scare you" he said looking guilty.

"Its okay"

"I love the painting did your- I mean our mom did it" I say correcting my self since she was my mother too. Its weird how about a month ago I was joking with Corrine.

She doesn't earn the mother title any more since she wasn't my mother in the first place.

"Yeah she did she took art classes back then" he said frowning a bit. I can tell its hard for him. Losing a mother is really hard. I feel really heartbroken as well I never got to know my mother.

Was she funny?

What was her favorite food?

What was my father like?

I guess I will never get to know them like they did, I'll just always be the girl who never knew her parents.

"We should head downstairs everyone wants to see you and Blake wants to talk to you afterwards" he says changing the subject real fast. He must have notice my change of emotions.

He lead me downstairs where I could hear everyone talking and Arlene rambling about what I like to eat. I mentally laugh at that she's always to kind I can see why Mitch married her.

When I enter the room all eyes were on me I watch as everyone look at me with happiness and love not like last night when their eyes were filled with hope now the hope they have is gone since they don't need it no more they have already found what they have been hoping and looking for which was;

Me..

I'm the hope they have been looking for..

"Okay everyone stop staring at my cugina bambina your making her uncomfortable" Jordan says throwing a hand around my shoulders. And with that being said everyone stop their staring and went back to talking. I whisper a thank you to him and took my seats beside Gabriel.

"Can we say grace?" I ask well I'll rather say blurt out. Everyone was now staring at me like I have grown two heads.

"Did I say something wrong" I asked confuse as to why my Brothers and cousins were all looking down loss in their thoughts.

"No dear you didn't say any thing wrong......" she says reassuring me. She look at My older Brother for a second before continuing.

"Malia your mother and your aunt Celia use to say grace every time we eat we haven't done it in a while since your aunt and uncle death it just brings back so many memories" she says her eyes were already getting glossy.