Chapter Fourteen

Your PoV

Near the middle of the hug, you felt Jungkook's body tense. Were you making him uncomfortable?

Thinking so, you retracted your arms from around him so you could get a look at his face. His eyebrows were furrowed in thought, his eyes fixed on something in the far distance.

"Jungkook..?" You called, waving your hand a little bit. Thankfully, that seemed to do the trick and snap him back into reality.

"Oh, uh, sorry." He apologized, tagging an awkward smile along at the end. "Let's go back home, now."

You warily paced your steps to purposely be ahead of him, holding his hand as the last thing you needed was him to fall behind. His thumb began to gently caress the skin of of hand, bringing up some suspicions in your head.

Since when did he become so affectionate? I can't deny that it's nice, but it's unlike him.

Unbeknownst to him, your mind was racing with theories as to why he was acting so strangely. If you were honest, you had no clue.

As you were busy doing a little trial and error over whatever could've happened to your sweet little bunny, you arrived at the front of your apartment.

The two of you hurriedly dashed into your apartment room, the last thing you needed was for someone to catch the two of you into a conversation. Jungkook was antsy to take his beanie off and you were straight tired.

As soon as you heard the satisfying click of the lock on your door, you threw yourself onto the first comfortable object you could, that being the ottoman.

"Home sweet home." You mumbled, sitting up from your position to face Jungkook, who was now beside you.

"Home..." The boy uttered, so quietly that it was unintelligible to your measly human hearing.

A small smile crept up onto his lips without him knowing. He really was just out of it this evening.

You sighed as it was late in the evening, meaning there wasn't much to do other than to look at among us memes or cook.

Ugh, so difficult. Maybe Jungkook can choose what to do for me.

"Kookie." You called out his name, stretching out the 'ie' in it. "Do you have anything you want to do?"

He looked over to you with innocent eyes, shrugging his shoulders in an up and down movement.

"Actually, wait! Can we watch YouTube?" He asked, eyes sparkling with enlightenment at the thought. His hands were in fists as he gently pumped them up and down.

"Yeah, of course!" You agreed, grabbing the remote off of the coffee table in front of you. "To be honest, I'm kinda surprised you know what YouTube is but not ice cream."

"I've heard you talking about YouTube with Yoongi a lot." He responded, nonchalantly.

"We also talk about ice cream a lot, though!" You reasoned, slightly raising your voice as if that would convince him more than a calm one would.

You laughed at how stupid the topic the two of you were bickering back and forth over was.

You clicked on the YouTube app that was clearly calling your name on your smart TV, beckoning for you to watch it.

"Oh, hells yeah. Under appreciated Vines all day." You grinned and pressed the button that had 'OK' printed on it.

Before you knew it, two hours had flew by. You and Jungkook were just enjoying the nostalgia of vines for the entire time. Well, only you were. Jungkook was experiencing it for the first time. He enjoyed it, nonetheless.

"C'mon, Kook." You tugged on the sleeve of his sweater as you stood up.

He took the hint as it was time for bed. Reluctantly, he stood up for his nighttime rest. You allowed him to sleep wherever as long as you two weren't in the same spot.

"You can have the bed, I'm fine with the couch." You yawned and rubbed your eyes with your free hand. He found the small action of yours adorable.

"Can we both sleep in the bed tonight?" He pleaded, hands together in a praying position.

AHAHA, no 💖

"Jungkook, we've went over this." You rubbed the bridge of your nose. You were exhausted and didn't want to have to spend another five minutes of your precious napping time on re-explaining something to him.

He stuck his bottom lip far out, looking at you with his round, doe eyes. He was really nailing the puppy dog look. "Please?"

He was too cute, really, but it's so much weirder sleeping with him as a human. There's a big difference compared to cuddling with him as a bunny.

You sighed and shook your head back and forth, gesturing you denied his advances.

His long ears were flat on his head as he dragged himself into your bedroom. Your heart felt a pang of guilt but, in the end, it's for the best.

"Sleep tight, Koo." You whispered, falling asleep to the sweet lullaby of the crickets who sung their hearts out in the pitch black.