Chapter 1.1.5

After the events of English, I had my first Spanish class.

Yeah, I am fully aware that I'm already fluent in Spanish.

I didn't tell my mum and stepdad that I'd be taking Spanish, obviously, as they would just tell me what I already knew.

I just wanted to take a subject I knew I'd be great at without trying, without studying and without having to put in any effort. Was that so much to ask? I just wanted to know I'd get a top mark in one of my GCSE's at least.

"Wow, leaving so soon, Gracie?" said the annoying voice of Cory Wilson.

"It's GiGi," I reminded him. "And, yes, or I'll be late to Spanish."

"Why did you take Spanish?" He laughed, throwing an arm around my shoulder.

"Because," I shrugged his arm off, "I'm good at Spanish."

Cory laughed, still following me to Section E.

"Do you have nothing better to do?" I raised an eyebrow at him, crossing my arms. "Why are you following me to class?"

"1. I have a free period and 2. I'm not following you, I'm walking you to Spanish." He nudged me with his elbow.

"Last I checked, I'm walking too."

That was clearly the wrong thing to say.

Raising an eyebrow challengingly, Cory bent down and grabbed me. I let out a huff when he threw me easily over his shoulder.

"This isn't--" I squeaked as I felt my skirt starting to ride up. "CORY WILSON, YOU PUT ME DOWN BEFORE THE WHOLE SCHOOL SEES MY ARSE!"

"I don't see a downside," He hummed in thought sarcastically. "But I'm about to see your backside..."

I slammed my fist into his back as hard as I could.

"Ow!" He shouted with another laugh. "Alright, alright."

I was placed safely back onto my feet.

"Your hair's a mess," said Cory with a smile. "You should really do something about it."

I just glared at him and crossed my arm. Walking as fast as I could to get away from him, I attempted to restyle my hair. Of course, Cory had longer legs than me, so he managed to keep up easily.

"I was only having a laugh," He shrugged, and I stopped dead in my tracks.

"Oh, shit," I whispered to myself.

"What?" Cory turned around and looked at the person I was gawking at. "Checking out your fit Spanish teacher?

"Ew, no!" I smacked his arm. "That's my stepdad!"

Cory looked back at Jabari, who was standing in the classroom door, staring right back at me.

"Uh, I've got to go," I stood on my tiptoes and pecked Cory's lips, then turned to walk away.

I got halfway down the corridor without realising what I'd just done.

Shit.

Shit!

SHIT!

Did I just kiss Cory?

Oh, God.

Did my Jab see?

"Well, well," Jabari raised his eyebrow. "Got a boyfriend already?"

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I whisper-yelled at him, peaking inside the classroom to see that there was nobody I knew in this class.