Chapter 1.2.1

Warm.

That's all I felt.

Inside and out.

I was scared to open my eyes just in case I would wake up beside Beth again.

I fluttered my eyes open slowly.

He was still there. Eyes closed and soft snores emitting from his parted lip. My arms still wrapped around his neck.

A wide smile spread across my face. I started playing with the hair at the nape of his neck.

One of his beautiful brown eyes peeled open and scanned my face carefully.

"Mornin, gorgeous," He grinned at me, closing his eye again. I could get used to hearing that voice in the morning. "What time is it?"

I unwrapped myself from Cory, and he whined loudly. Sitting up entirely, I grabbed my phone off the bedside table. Cory propped his head up onto his hand and watched me as I did so.

"Eight ten," I told him, starting to stand up but halted when his arms wrapped around my waist from behind.

"We don't have to leave for another half an hour," He proposed suggestively, playing with the waistband of the joggers.

"We're already going to be late for tutor," I laughed. "We definitely don't have time for whatever you're suggesting."

He whined again, starting to kiss his way up my shoulder. I turned my head to look at him.

"Ew, did you sleep in your uniform?" I grimaced. He was wearing the same school shirt, and his tie was undone.

"Not my fault," He shrugged, pulling me closer. "You've got a monster grip, you."

I rolled my eyes and stood up, starting to collect my clothes.

"Fancy a cuppa?" Cory suggested, also standing. "I'm gonna go make one. Dad'll be out now so you won't 'ave to tip-toe everywhere."

"Sounds good," I smiled at him. Cory left the room soon after.

I grabbed Cory's deodorant off his chest of draws and quickly sprayed myself in all the critical areas. 

When I went to put the can down on the bedside table, I noticed Cory had left both of or mugs and empty Pot Noodle pots up here. I rolled my eyes. Why couldn't he have taken it down with him?

I grabbed the washing up and the rubbish and headed downstairs, hearing a familiar voice talking to Cory at the door.

"Mrs Carter, she's asked me to fetch Jordan just to, uh, make sure he's all right, you know? Keep an eye out in case there's any trouble."

I got to the bottom of the stairs and peered curiously out the door.

"He's gone already," Cory informed the man.

"Alright, cheers."

"Mr Bell?" I asked after Cory had closed the door. Mr Bell had been here at eight-fifteen in the morning even though tutor started in fifteen minutes.

"'e was looking for Jordan," He shrugged and walked towards me. "I'll take that, go get dressed, or we'll be late." He took the rubbish and mugs off of me.

"We're already late," I rolled my eyes.

"Go'on," Cory commanded, shoving me lightly towards the stairs. "We're leaving in five minutes."

I threw my head back and begrudgingly made my way up to the bedroom. I was slightly freaked out that I'd have to wear the same pair of pants two days in a row. Grabbing the small mirror off of Cory's drawers, I started applying my concealer over my - now slightly black - eye, trying to do my shirt buttons up at the same time.