Chapter 1.3.2

I knew one thing for sure.

I had to look fine as fuck to grab Cory's attention.

Chloe was beautiful, so I really had to go above and beyond.

Yes, I did go out in a crop-top and shorts when it was eight degrees outside.

"Jesus, Gee," said Chloe, seeing my outfit for the first time. "Not holding back for James, are we?"

"It's Jake, and I just wanted to look nice," I shrugged.

"That's not nice, that's fire," Hayley complimented. "I'm gonna look like shit standin next to ya."

"No! You look great! Both of you!" I looked in front of us. "There they are."

Well, I wasn't entirely wrong.

Cory and Riz were there, but Jake was... nowhere?

"Alright, London?" Cory asked, starting towards us. "Lookin good, nice jacket."

Chloe smiled.

"Nice, uh, your face looks nice," Riz attempted to compliment Hayley.

She was understandably unimpressed.

"Oh, yeah, Gracie," Cory looked at me for the first time. "Er... the, uh, Jake," He cleared his throat. "Jake can't come."

I think my outfit had done the trick for him but turns out I've been stood up anyway.

"Well, I'll just go then," I pointed in the opposite direction of the group.

"No!" Cory shouted before clearing his throat again. "No, you can just hang out with us."

I smiled to myself and placed a hand on my hip, looking at the other four around me.

"What we doing then, guys?" Chloe asked, trying to get Cory to look in her direction.

"Well, thought we could start with some cider down at the rec, take it from there?" Cory suggested.

Cider? Good thing I brought my flask with me.

"What goes on at the rec, then?" Chloe asked, and Hayley grimaced.

"Oh, you know, what happens at the rec stays at the rec," Cory smirked, placing his arm over Chloe's shoulder and making eye contact with me. Chloe grinned at Hayley and me as Cory led her away.

Riz walked over to put his arm around Hayley.

"No," she said suddenly, moving out of his reach, "don't think about it, 'cause I'm not going."

Hayley started to walk back towards the car park, and I jogged to catch up with her.

"It's alright, you don't have to do anything you don't want to," I smiled, bumping her shoulder with mine. "I'll come back with you."

"What's wrong with you?" Chloe questioned strutting back to us.

"They only wanna go for one reason," Hayley explained.

"Yeah, and?" Chloe asked harshly.

"And is that all you're up for?"

"What's wrong with that?" Chloe looked back at Cory. "He's hot."

"Up to you, but I think I'm worth more than a can of cider." Hayley linked her arm through mine, and we turned to keep walking back.

Chloe scoffed.

"You're such a baby!" She called after us. Hayley stopped and unlinked my arm.

"Everything alright?" Cory questioned.