Special Grade

~time skip~

Your POV

We were called to a detention centre for a secret mission. I'd like to say that we were specially selected for this mission however in reality it was only because jujutsu tech were currently short staffed. Even Gojo was away on a business trip.

It was a bleak rainy day outside. Ijichi-san drove us to the facility before giving us a debrief of the situation.

"Our window verified the curse womb three hours ago. Once 90 percent were successfully evacuated they made the call to seal off the centre." Ijichi-san explained.

"At present, five detainees remain there with the curse womb. If this curse womb is the type that metamorphoses, we predict it will become a special-grade cursed spirit" he warned. From the way Fushiguro's and Kugisaki's bodies tensed I could tell that this wasn't a good thing.

"Hey, so... I still don't really understands what 'special-grade' means" Itadori confessed.

"Yeah, I have no clue what it is either" I admitted. Fushiguro and Kugisaki sighed at how hopeless Itadori and I were.

"I'll explain it so that even idiots can understand" Ijichi-san rolled his eyes. Oh he did not just call me an idiot I huffed.

"Whoopsies, silly me for not knowing what a special grade is when I only found out that curses exist three day's ago" I passive-aggressively remarked.

"There are five grades of curses. Grade 4 is the lowest. The closer you get to Grade 1 the more dangerous a curse is. Then there's special grade curses which are a rank above the rest." Ijicji-san explained.

"The current case is an abnormal and most urgent one. Do not fight under any circumstances. If you encounter a special-grade, your options are either run or die" he bluntly stated.

"Remember, your mission is strictly the verification and rescue of survivors" he told us. Something didn't seem right to me about this whole situation. Sure they were understaffed, but why did I feel like we were like lambs being sent to the slaughterhouse.

"Excuse me, where's Tadashi ?" I heard a women's voice shout. "Is my son Tadashi all right ?" She cried out. My heart broke just looking at her distraught face. The security wouldn't let her through. She dropped to her knees bawling crying. I could feel the agony she was in. A tear of my own escaped from the corner of my eye.

"We're gonna save them" Itadori declared.

"Of course we are" Kugisaki said with determination. Fushiguro and I nodded in agreement.

"I'll put up my veil" Ijichi-San uttered. The sky darkened as a black forcefield dome manifested around us.

"There's a residential area nearby so this barrier conceals us from the outside world" Fushiguro explained.

"Demon dogs"  Fushiguro made some odd hand signal. Out of the shadows appeared a familiar white wolf. "He'll let us know if the curse gets close."

"Ahh good boy, good boy, we're counting on you" Itadori cooed over the wolf while ruffling it's fur. As we approached the entrance I was instantly hit with that unsettling presence. However I'd never sensed it this strong before. Does that mean they're already dead ? I gulped.

"Let's go" Fushiguro commanded. As soon as I stepped one foot inside the door I immediately heard murmurs. Except the strange thing was that they weren't inside my head. I could hear them calling to me from inside the building. I couldn't make out what the voices whispered but I knew they wanted me to follow them. I entered a trance-like state. Everything else around me faded away and all I could see was a white string suspended in the air, it continued on for what looked like miles. It seemed to be trying to guide me somewhere. I bent down and strummed the string with one finger. I could hear the whispers clearer. I strummed it again,