The Calm Before the Storm

~time skip~

Your POV

I paced up and down the corridor deep in thought. Today us first years had various errands to run around campus, however it wasn't the errands that I was stressing over. This would be my first time seeing Fushiguro and Kugisaki since I randomly ran off the other day without any explanation. I was sure they'd have questions as to where I'd been the past 24 hours and I couldn't exactly tell them that Gojo, Itadori and I were off battling a cursed Volcano in the middle of the night. The problem wasn't that I was bad liar, it was the fact that I didn't like lying, especially to the people who I could actually tolerate.

I was conflicted with myself. On one hand I'd have to lie to two of my friends,well 1.5 friends. I still wasn't entirely sure if Kugisaki liked me yet or not. But on the other, if I told them about Itadori being alive I'd be breaking my promise to Itadori and Gojo, which was ultimately just as bad. I HATE THIS I mentally yelled.

"UGHHHH" I punched one of the vending machines out of frustration. A couple of soda cans and juices fell down from the shelves of the machine. I rested my forehead against the cold glass screen to try calm myself.

"Did any melon soda fall out ?" Kugisaki's voice startled me.

"AHH" I jumped back from the machine. I clutched a hand over my heart as it practically pounded out of my chest from the fright. Kugisaki brushed past me and made a beeline for the dispense drawer of the vending machine in search of melon soda. Fushiguro stood there in the hallway staring at me both in concern and confusion. I guess they saw my little outburst then I sighed.

"Couldn't they put in a few more vending machines ?" Kugisaki groaned once she realised that there was no melon soda in site.

"They can't. There are only so many workers who can come in here" Fushiguro stated.

"That makes sense with this being a hocus pocus school after all" I finally spoke.

"It's called jujutsu" Fushiguro snarled.

"Well yeah if you want to be technical about it, then jujutsu" I giggled.

"Enough about that, what I want to know is where have you been ?" Kugisaki interrogated. "I don't even think you came back to the dorms last night" she noted.

"Well uh you see I uh- I paused after spotting two strange figures standing at the end of the corridor. One was tall and extremely muscular. He had black hair that was tied back in a bun and a distinctive scar that ran down the left side of his face. The other was a rather attractive young woman with short black hair. She wore a black sleeveless high collar shirt and a maxi skirt that had a slit on the right side.

"Uh Fushiguro, how many other students go to Jujutsu tech again did you say ?" I subtly whispered.

"Huh ? Two, why ?" Fushiguro scrunched his nose in confusion.

"Mhmm interesting that you say that, because although it's two I strangely have a gut feeling that the two people standing behind you right now aren't those students" I gestured to the mysterious figures. Fushiguro's and Kugisaki's heads snapped around to inspect what I was talking about.

"What are you doing here, Zenin-senpai ?" Fushiguro enquired.

"Oh, she's one too ?" Kugisaki asked. One of what ? I wondered.

"They do seem similar, are they sisters ?" Kugisaki further questioned. Sisters ? The only other girl here is Maki so that must be who the sister is I thought.