Chapter 4

Yeah, most of my life's full of sad daysStarted at a young ageYeah, bought a house but I've been livin' on stageTryna find the real me, I ain't found it yetWake up every morning feelin' like I'm guiltyTalk to God, "Can you hear me?"Lately, I'm a m...

Started at a young age
Yeah, bought a house but I've been livin' on stage
Tryna find the real me, I ain't found it yet
Wake up every morning feelin' like I'm guilty
Talk to God, "Can you hear me?"
Lately, I'm a mess
I don't want no one to help me
Yeah, I don't want no one to help me

DREAMS - NF

♠️♠️♠️

E V A N D E R

I shook the water off of my body and put on my trousers and picked up my shirt from the grass.

No, I wasn't skinny dipping. I wasn't completely naked. I still had my boxers on actually.

Swimming always seemed to relax me and help me stay at ease when things were tense back at the pack.

I shook my head to get any excess water out of my hair but suddenly stopped when the familiar metallic, scent of blood filled my nose. I looked up confused.

"Ti?!"

(What?!)

There shouldn't be anyone out here. This was fresh blood, zoí blood. Who is this? What was a zoí doing in this forest?!

(Human/living)

I sniffed the air but couldn't get a strong scent as the smell of blood was so overwhelming.

Quickly putting my shirt on, I followed the stench to investigate.

What was a zoí doing here?

(Human/living)

Did my father know this? Is the human in danger? Well obviously if I smell their blood! Chazos!

(Stupid!)

It's not like I hadn't been in contact with zoí before. I was. I had been. I just avoided them. Their kind scents confused me. They were nothing like a wolf pack. It was weird for me.

(Human/living)

I ran in the direction of the blood, hoping and praying that it wasn't a rogue attack or another pack trying to start trouble with our pack.

As I got closer, I slowed down, suddenly being overwhelmed by the smell of whiskey and vanilla. Odd mix. Had I run into a crazy one?

I walked slowly and as quietly as possible to the creak. The only sound heard was the rustling coming from the person and the rushing of the running water.

I hid behind a tree close to the zoí and that vanilla whiskey scent pleasurably engulfed me again. I forced the back of my head against the bark as if to clear my senses, only doing so alerted the zoí that I was there.

(Human/living)

They had stopped and the water seemed to want to rush faster.

I could barely concentrate on what I was doing. This disorientation was nothing like wolfsbane, it's was wilder, but not painful. I felt... high.

My senses were being blocked and I could hear my wolf howling. Its howl rang in my ears before it finally stopped as the zoí spoke.

(Human/living)

"Who's there?" They called.

It's a she...

"Who is it?" She said again.

I came out from my hiding spot, holding my hands up so not to cause her to think I was an attacker.

"Who are you?" She demanded as she gripped a knife in her hand.

"I'm—" I was cut off by the sound of men shouting in the distance.

Both our heads snapped in the direction of the noise. She glanced back at me before looking back in the direction of the yelling.

I sniffed the air. More Zoí?

(Humans/living)

"Gamó!" She cursed and took her attention away from me, "How did they find me?!" She mumbled to herself.

(Fuck/bugger)

I watched curiously as she rushed to pull her trouser leg down and grabbed a bag from the ground.

"Are they after you?" I asked, putting my hands down.

She didn't answer abs continued collecting her stuff back together.

"Who are you?" She continued to ignore me as she panicked and tried to gather her things.

A runaway... why do I feel the deep urge to protect her from this place...?

"What have you done?" I asked. She finally stopped and looked at me.

Her smirk caught me off guard, "None of your business." She snapped, her face switching back to a glare.

She paced off towards the east. I shook my head knowing that she'd get caught. Whoever was searching for her would cut her off and have her surrounded.

"Don't go that way, you'll get caught." I stated. She stopped and bit her lip in anticipation. "You'll get cut off before you could even say you were trying to escape."

She rolled her eyes and went in the opposite direction.

"I can help you if you want." I said, shoving my hands in my pockets.

"I don't want or need your help." She snapped as I followed her.

"Are you sure? Because in about two minutes, your buddies back there are gonna cut you off in about 5 metres from here and have you surrounded. I assume you don't want to get caught," i answered smugly, "I know these woods pretty well so I'm sure I could give you a hand to the closest town..." I explained, hoping she'd let me help.

I need the distraction anyway. I wanted to be useful for once.

She stopped and looked ahead before looking back at me. "Fine. Which way do we go stranger?" She asked.

"Ah, ah, ah! Only if you'll do me a favour later on..." I smirked.

She scoffed, "No way!" She yelled crossing her arms.

"I'm afraid you don't have much of a say in the matter... 10 seconds left, do we have a deal?" I asked.

She tapped her foot anxiously before giving in.

"Fine. Deal. Now can you get me out of here?!" She gasped as the yelling got louder.

"Of course!" I said as I grabbed her hand before pulling her off into another direction.

This should be interesting...

♠️♠️♠️