Chapter 37

Call me at 3 AM, telling me that I could be the one, oh yeahMaybe I was in love from the outside, guess I ain't what you want no moreIf you got someone else inside of your life, yeah, that's good for you, I'm happyYou got someone that makes you sm...

Maybe I was in love from the outside, guess I ain't what you want no more
If you got someone else inside of your life, yeah, that's good for you, I'm happy
You got someone that makes you smile more than I ever did, yeah that's great

3 A.M. - NF

♠️♠️♠️

E V A N D E R

3 days! It took us 3 days to finally get near the old pack and Althea's Manor on public transport that Achilles loved so fucking much.

We couldn't go down the main roads or we'd be spotted and they'd probably move her so we had to find another way in.

I wasn't entirely sure how this was going to work. We didn't really have a plan. All I knew was that as soon as Achilles entered that building, all his strengths would be gone and we'd have to manage with what we had.

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't scared. Althea's father had multiple burly men with big guns and muscles. Achilles and I only had each other and I wasn't sure how it was going to work out.

"Okay, I'll sneak you in through the kitchens. Althaia will meet you, you'll be disguised obviously and she'll take you to Althea. From there, Althaia will explain her own plans to get the two of you out of there." He explained.

I nodded attentively and watched as Achilles cast a spell that started to change him. I watched in partial horror and wonder as he slowly shrank from a tall, able bodied man to an older, middle aged man with grey hairs.

"Meet my human counterpart!" He announced before leading me to the back entrance for the kitchens.

I followed quietly, keeping alert for the both of us as we reached the door. He typed in a key code and pushed the door open.

Upon entry, we were graced the the wonderful, sweet, smell of pastries. I watched carefully as the kitchen staff hurried around, trying to get things in order, completely ignoring Achilles and I.

"C'mon." He said as we left to the far side of the kitchen.

He opened the door, and on the other side stood a woman, almost identical to Althea. I mitéra tis...

(Her mother)

They had the same pale skin and dark hair. The same brown eyes and the exact same smile.

"Althea..." I couldn't help but whisper in sadness.

The woman turned around upon hearing the door open and glanced at us both. Without a word, she handed me some clothes and ushered me into a room beside the door we just exited.

I hurriedly changed, knowing that time was a delicate thing and it was running against us.

I left the room to find Achilles gone and Althaia glancing around nervously.

She handed me a tray and gestured me to follow along behind her.

Without so much as a word, we reached a door, guarded by two men.

"Mrs Kastellanos. We've been told not to let you in—" one of the guards spoke up.

Althaia snapped to look at the guard who, in turn, wordlessly opened the door for us.

"Althea?" She called into the room.

I followed behind her, no view of the room and sighed heavily as the door closed behind me.

I looked up and around Althaia and saw Althea standing there, gaping at me.

"Evander...? How— you—you're alive?!"

♠️♠️♠️