Chapter 38

Apologies don't mean a thing if you don't ever fix itI love what I do but it's not what I expectedThis industry is not your friend, well that's my perspectiveSometimes the closest people to you make you feel protectedBut those are the same people ...

I love what I do but it's not what I expected
This industry is not your friend, well that's my perspective
Sometimes the closest people to you make you feel protected
But those are the same people that hurt you most and leave you guessing
Some people say nobody's perfect but expect perfection
How you supposed to find the answer if you don't ask the question?
Sometimes I look into the mirror and talk to my reflection
When I go home and turn the music off, what am I left with?

BREATHE - NF

♠️♠️♠️

A L T H E A

I stood in relief as my mother entered the room. But was suddenly pushed over with a feeling of fear and shock as I looked at the man behind her.

He- He's dead. How is he standing here?! Am I seeing his ghost?

"Mother..." I whispered as she came closer to me.

"It's alright Thea, it's him..." she said gently as she took my hand.

My heart was beating heavily. I couldn't believe my eyes. It's not possible.

He stood there breathlessly as he stared at me. Reality struck me hard as he started to take steps towards me.

I rushed to him and wrapped my arms around him, making sure he was real and not some cruel trick that the universe was playing.

"You're alive..." I whispered, tears pouring from my eyes.

He pulled away slightly, "I am, and you're okay..." he mumbled, placing his hand on my face to check for any injuries.

"How is it even possible?!" I asked. He didn't even look like he'd been shot almost a week ago!

"Achilles helped me, and I heal exceptionally fast..." he whispered the last part.

I'd question him about Achilles later, "What are you doing here?! My father thinks your dead, if he catches you—"

"He won't." My mother answered, "He'll be too worried looking after me." She said plainly.

"What?" I asked, just as the door opened.

"Elias!" He looked into the room and made a move to leave, "No, I need you here..." I stopped him.

"Um what?!" Evan scoffed.

"Who's this guy?!" Elias asked, before pulling me away from Evander.

"Hey, hey! Hands off—" Evan growled.

"No, stop, it's okay. Elias, this is Evander. Evander this is Elias. He's my fiancé but he's helping me escape so he can get back to his sweetheart.

"Okay, but he can take his hands off of you." He almost growled.

Elias complied and stepped away, "I convinced your father, he said yes."

"No. You cannot leave." My mother commented, "How stupid do you think Dimitri is?! He'll have men follow you. Your plan won't work..."

"Okay, what do you have in mind then?" I asked.

She sighed heavily and took out a bottle from her pocket, "This. It will put me in a coma, Achilles has the antidote which he'll use once you're out of here."

"Mother no, that could be dangerous— what if you die?!" I asked, trying to grab it from her.

She stepped back, gripping the bottle, tightly, in her hands, "It's the only way! Your father will be too concerned with me to even notice you've gone..." she sighed as she grabbed my hands.

"I couldn't help you before and you ran away, please, let me help you now..." she said, "I can't lose my daughter again..." she stared into me.

I hugged her tightly before she pulled away, "When I pass out, Evander, grab that tray over there and drop it to get that guards' attention. Althea, you yell for them at the same time." I nodded and watched her wordlessly as she drank from the bottle.

"I love you Althea, my kóri..."

♠️♠️♠️