Chapter 13

Yeah, heard you threw away the picturesBut you still got the memories of us, so I guess that don't really make a differenceFlippin' through 'em in your headGot you texting me all hours any nightYeah, you told me that you needed distanceWhat's the ...

But you still got the memories of us, so I guess that don't really make a difference
Flippin' through 'em in your head
Got you texting me all hours any night
Yeah, you told me that you needed distance
What's the deal with you?
You say you want a man that keeps it real
Then why you mad when I get real with you?
You want someone to pay the bills for you
Went from feelin' you, now I feel for you, liar

LIE - NF

♠️♠️♠️

A L T H E A

Evander stood in front of me keeping his arm protectively in front of me.

I watched him call out the the voice and tried to think of a way out of this. But heard a crying.

I turned my head and saw nothing, but the crying got louder and Evander didn't seem to notice it.

I slowly walked away from him and followed the crying, deeper into the forest.

"Althea?! Althea!" He called after me but I couldn't care less.

I kept walking until my walking fell into a jog until I was full on running.

"Althea!" Evander's voice only seemed to get quieter until suddenly I stopped at some sort of waterfall.

"How did I get here?!" I asked myself.

I suddenly felt panicked. I tried but couldn't remember coming here and was freaking out.

I tried looking around for the child that I heard crying but I couldn't see anyone.

"Evander?!" I called out, realising he wasn't with me anymore.

Oh shit! How could I be so stupid?!

"Evander?!" I called out getting more and more panicked. Panicking seemed to be the only thing that I was doing these days.

I walked towards the edge of the river that came from the waterfall and looked in.

I saw my mother in the water, and Achilles.

"Mitéra?"

(Mother)

I watched the water as Achilles tried to beg her not to do something.

"Why can't I hear?!" I asked to no one in particular.

"Baíno..."

(Go in)

Someone called. I looked around and saw no one but felt the urge to go in the water.

I took off Evander's hoodie and my shirt, leaving my tank top on. I took of my joggers and shoes but left my shorts on and stepped into the water.

Once I was fully submerged, I opened my eyes and I could see and hear everything.

"Mrs Kastellanos, please! If you do this he'll—"

Achilles was interrupted by my mother, "Achilles, thank you for your concern but this is my daughter we're talking about! What mother would I be if I let her father do this to her?! You of all people should know this!" She sighed.

"Yes ma'am but he'll—"

"Let him do as he pleases. I need to protect Althea. She is my only daughter and I won't let him ruin her." She snapped firmly before leaving the room.

"Agapití mou mitéra..."

(My dear mother)

Mother left the room hastily and went into my fathers study. She was the only person he allowed in there with no trouble.

"Dimitri..." she called as she entered the room.

My father looked up with a smile.

"My lovely wife, how can I help you?" He asked standing up to kiss her.

One thing about my father was that he loved my mother very much. He'd do anything for her. She was his rock, his meaning for living and he let everyone know that she was his. I wonder what made him so cold...

My mother kissed him back and sat down, "It's about our korí..."

(Daughter)

My fathers smile vanished, "The child that has disgraced this family?!"

"Dimitri, listen. Don't you think you went too far? There must be other ways she can become a noble. I mean you could've at least let her try and choose her own suitors and—"

My father cut her off with a harsh slap across the face.

My heart cracked as the room fell into a dead, airy silence. My mother stared at my father in utter disbelief and for a second there, I thought I saw a trickle of remorse in my father's face. It was gone as fast as it came to be.

My mother gasped in pain, "D-Dimitri why would you—" she cried as she looked up to him, her hands over her face.

"Mama..." my throat felt dry.

I felt as if I was choking on air. The scene in front of my disappeared and I was drowning. I couldn't swim back up.

"Help!" I yelled as I managed to reach the surface.

Panic overwhelmed my body as I thrashed around trying to get up. I was helpless. I couldn't reach the top. I felt so heavy.

"Evander!" I called, muffled by the water. I was going to die.

This is it...

♠️♠️♠️