Chapter 25

It's hard to get a break when the door's ain't openIt's hard to get a shot when the gun ain't loadedAnd it's hard to make a living when nobody wanna notice

It's hard to get a shot when the gun ain't loaded
And it's hard to make a living when nobody wanna notice. Hold it
What am I insane maybe, plain crazy
You put me in a room with a mic you will not restrain me
You do what you wanted but you can't contain me
Lazy is not a character trait of mine, don't wait in line
This is the current condition of my state of mind
Don't tell me that this isn't real
Don't tell me this ain't how I feel
This is all I have all I have

ALL I HAVE - NF

♠️♠️♠️

A L T H E A

I knew from the very moment that I met him that I was doomed. I knew that ever since I first, foolishly stared into his eyes that I was the captain of a sinking ship.

Ever since that night that I shared a bed with Evander I've not been able to look at him the way I used to. I mean, we'd shared a bed every night since then but something about him changed.

I guess I used to seeing him as this jokey guy who I could just talk to. I knew something was there before but that something has since grown into something much more intense. Epithymía...

(Wish/Desire)

I looked at him for the man he was. Everything he did, everything he said had me hanging on by a thread and each second I was near him, the thread only got thicker and stronger.

Every time he spoke to me, I felt so high. I was used to his wolf tendencies. If anything, it made me want him more.

This, want that I was feeling wasn't just lust. It wasn't just the physical that I wanted. My heart would flutter every time he'd say my name. The butterflies in my tummy wouldn't go away. It's emotional too. I really cared for him. I could love him too.

I knew he would never do anything to hurt me and he'd always be here. He says he'll always protect me and I believe him. I believe every word. I know he'd never lie to me.

I wanted to tell him everything that I was feeling. I didn't know how. I was so afraid of the rejection. I was afraid of the idea that he might hate me forever for ruining this bond that we have with my feelings.

He needed to know. I needed him to know. I wanted him to be mine so badly but I didn't know how to go about it. If I didn't hurry, I might be too late. He might fall for another that's not me and I can't live with that. I can't live without him. How do I send him hints? I need to tell him. I must and I will!

He was in the garden right now. He was planting some flowers that I gave him.

"Do you know what they symbolise?" I asked as I stood behind him.

It was a warm day and he'd decided that he'd go without a shirt. I didn't mind, not one bit.

"No, do you?" He asked turning around.

I sat on my knees next to him and took a flower from the bunch.

"The Forget-Me-Not..." I said, twirling it between my fingers, "The meaning is in the name. Do you know the other meaning?" I asked.

"Diafotise me..."

(Enlighten me)

I turned to him, "True Love," I handed him the flower and he took it. I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine, "The other meaning is true love..." I repeated softly...

He smiled at me, "Are you trying to tell me something?" He asked, not breaking eye contact.

I started to feel nervous but I wasn't about to give up now, "Yes, I am..." I answered, gulping.

This is it. I would finally tell him how I truly feel about him. Hopefully he feels the same. I could die. My heart was going at least 100 miles an hour. I'm so scared.

Se parakaló min mou ragíseis tin kardiá...

(Please do not break my heart)

"Althea? What do you want to say?" He asked.

"Evander, I think I'm in love with you..."

♠️♠️♠️