Chapter 9

I lie to myself and I, I can't handle itWhy do I waste so much time on things that I can't fix?All these things I hold inside I just can't forgetThought that I could let this goBut I ain't know that it would be like this, yeahLike this

Why do I waste so much time on things that I can't fix?
All these things I hold inside I just can't forget
Thought that I could let this go
But I ain't know that it would be like this, yeah
Like this

LIKE THIS - NF

♠️♠️♠️

A L T H E A

I was ready to head out. It was about 4 in the morning the next day and I was ready to leave.

I was planning on leaving Evander behind but the silly bástardos is was awake by the time I'd woken up.

(Bastard)

I didn't really feel awkward after last night or whatever. I didn't really care, I just wanted to get out of this blasted town and away from my so-called family.

A part of me wondered if they were okay. My mother was quiet, the complete opposite of me but she always understood me. She was the only one that listened. I did miss her but I couldn't stay there and let that man arrange a marriage for me—

"Althea, I just wanted to apologise for—"

I stopped him, "I don't care, just knock next time—"

He looked strained for a bit but carried on.

"So there's gonna be a next time?! You're not getting rid of me?" He butted in.

"I will if you don't shut up, let's go before they find me again," I said opening the door and walking towards reception, "Any idea where we're going?" I asked.

"But you—"

"I left in a hurry okay, I didn't actually plan anything... now, seeing as you wanted to go this early, where are we going?" I asked.

He was silent for a while before answering, "Let's head inwards towards the city. It'll be really busy there so it would be hard to find you, I'm sure whoever's looking for you wouldn't think to look there..." he answered thoughtfully.

I handed the room key back to the receptionist and headed outside, "Okay, so which way do we go?" I'm really starting to wish I'd properly planned this out.

He rubbed his nose and sniffled, "That way." He said, pointing towards the forest.

"Dude, if you're sick, you need to stay away from me, no sniffling over here..." I exclaimed, walking towards the forest.

"Whatever..." he mumbled.

We fell into a deep silence, the only thing that could be heard were our feet, crushing fallen leaves and twigs. I hated it with a strong, burning, passion.

"How do you know these woods so well?" I asked, trying to ease the silence.

I hate the silence. There was always something hiding there. You never know what someone's thinking or plotting. Some people think it's too much, I think that you can't trust everyone you meet.

"Oh, I um— I used to come out here a lot with my older sister..." he answered, "I know this forest like the back of my hand now. It's useful I guess." He said uncomfortably.

It was silent again before he spoke up, "Why are you running away? I mean, you must be someone important if someone has people going out and looking for you? Who are you really?" He asked stopping.

I sighed, should I tell him? Was it a safe idea? Could I even think about safety while I'm travelling with a stranger?

I sighed heavily, "I'm a "noble" if you will," I sighed and continued walking, "My father, my family, is a rich family and back home, Greece, where my parents are from, our family are nobles. My father wanted me to get married soon and have children if I wanted the Kastellanos line to continue on like my older brother had done. But I didn't exactly want that."

"Your older brother?" He asked.

"Yeah," why and I telling him everything? Why am I telling him all about me and my family? I can't completely trust him, "I'll tell you the rest later, I can't exactly trust you, I don't know you; I'm not telling you everything just yet. Will we be near the city soon?" I asked, changing the subject.

I didn't get it. I wanted to tell him everything. There was a familiarity there with him that just didn't make sense. How could it?! I didn't even know this guy.

"Yeah, we should be there by the afternoon or late evening."

I nodded, "How's your leg?" He asked, as if he was only just noticing my limp.

"It's alright, it doesn't hurt as much anymore, thanks. How did you know those leaves would work?" I asked, hoping to keep the conversation going.

"My mother was a nurse and taught my sister and I some stuff just in case we'd need it..." he answered.

"Oh that's cool!" I exclaimed a little too loudly.

Birds started to fly out of the trees and Evander laughed but suddenly a loud growl could be heard. 

"What the fuck was that?!"

♠️♠️♠️