《Chapter 8: Hayley》

~ When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.~

Blaze's pov:

"What did he say?" Kai asked.

"Something's wrong, we need to go home," I stated.

"Let's go."

We climbed in the jeep and Dante drove us back home. When we reached, we saw the front door wide opened. I rushed inside and I was shocked to see the living room.

"Oh my god," Kai gasped.

Everything was upside down. The t.v was broken, the couch was torn, the carpet had paint and water all over it.

"Reggie!" Dante yelled while looking around.

"Where's Hayley?" Kai suddenly asked panicking.

Fuck!

We all went around and started to look for them. Kai and I rushed upstairs and check every room and bathroom. They were nowhere to be found.

"Guys, in the kitchen!" We heard Dante yelled.

Kai and I rushed downstairs and went to the kitchen. Reggie was on the floor unconscious. There was blood on his forehead, on his arm and his shirt was torn.

"Dante, we can't find Hayley!" Kai said as he kneels beside Reggie. He started to check his pulse and he nodded.

"He's breathing," he said.

"You both clean him up, I'll check the camera footage," Dante said and we nodded. Kai and I picked Reggie up and walked in the living. We put him on the couch and started to clean his wounds.

"The phone call Dante received was just a diversion. They wanted us to leave from here so that they can come in." Kai concluded.

"I hope we find out who they were, we need to find Hayley," I stated.

I hope she's okay...

Haven's pov:

It was now 6 pm and we already had our dinner. Dad returned home around 5 pm and he had a bad headache. He went to sleep and he was still sleeping.

Enzo was on the couch, scrolling through his phone while I was doing the dishes. I completed the last few plates and I went to dry my hand with one of the kitchen towels.

Since yesterday, I kept a chocolate mint ice cream in the fridge and I   wanted to eat it tonight. I opened the fridge and frowned when I didn't see it in the place where I kept it.

I looked in the entire fridge and didn't find it anywhere.

What the heck?

"Enzo did you eat my ice cream?" I asked and waited for his reply.

However, I got none.

I closed the fridge and made my way to the living room.

"Enzo, did you eat my ice cream?" I asked again crossing my arm over my chest.

He looked up from his phone," Was it the chocolate mint flavour?"

"Yes!"

"Yeah, I ate it." He confessed.

"And may I know what am I going to eat now?" I asked glaring at him. He sighed and took out his wallet from his pocket. He took out some cash and handed it to me.

"The store is down the street, treat yourself." He said while giving the money.

"If you think that I'm going to refuse the money, you are the wrong brotha," I stated while taking the cash. He rolled his eyes and went back to his phone.

I made my way upstairs and went to change my outfit. I was wearing a sleeveless shirt and short, I didn't want to go to the store like that.

 I was wearing a sleeveless shirt and short, I didn't want to go to the store like that

(Haven's outfit⬆️)

I tied my burgundy hair in a high ponytail before walking to my bed table. I grabbed my phone and put it in my pocket along with the cash Enzo handed me.

I walked back downstairs and went directly to the front door.

"I'm leaving," I said loud enough for Enzo to hear.

"Buy me something too," I heard him say.

I opened the door and I saw Devin and Jeremy. Devin was about to ring the doorbell.

"Where are you going?" Jeremy asked when he noticed my outfit.

"To the store, Enzo's in the living room," I informed them and they nodded. I walked out while they walked in. I started to walk down the street.

The streets were dead silent.

The store was empty. I was the only customer there. I bought my stuff and went to check out. Since Devin and Jeremy were home, I got them some snacks too.

I paid and grabbed the bag. I walked out of the store and started to walk home. On my way, I walked by the parking lot. I heard a scream which made me looked at a car parked at the end of the line.

I slow my pace, trying to see what was happening. I couldn't see what they were doing as they were hiding it with their large figure. There were at least five guys outside the car.

Suddenly, I saw them walking to the side where there was an alley. That's when I noticed that they had a little girl with them. They harshly grab her arm, pulling her with them.

These assholes...

I found myself following them at a good distance. They ended up in the alley and they pushed the girl on the side. I hide behind the wall, peeking at them. The guys lighten their cigarette while looking at her. She was bawling her eyes out, not doubt scared as hell.

"Your brothers owe us a lot, sweetie and we have to teach them a lesson. Too bad you are the one that we have to do this with." One of the guys said pointing a knife at her.

They were going to hurt her.

I dropped the bag on the side and pulled the cap off my crop hoodie on. I don't know who they were so I had to be careful and not show them my face. It was dark enough so, with my hoodie cap on, they won't be able to see my face.

I walked away from the wall and made them aware of my presence. One of the guys noticed me and told the others. They all looked my way and I noticed that the others took their knives out.

Fuck I forgot mine at home...

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah