Will You Marry Me?

It was Christmas eve, it was quite snowy outside but the air smelled nice. I had a red sweater on.

Chris and Nora had come over to keep me company. It had been days since anyone heard from Aaron.

He'd just disappeared since the other night. I was in my apartment where Nora and I were staying before Aaron came into my life.

My mum and dad were also present, we wanted to have Christmas eve together, the night before Christmas.

I had tried to get a tree before today but in the end, I was so engrossed with work it skipped my mind.

My bump was more visible now.

"What are you thinking of?" Nora asked me

"Aaron of course." Chris added.

"Shut up." she said hitting him with her elbow.

"Ouch." he said holding his ribs.

Mum and Dad were glued to the TV screen. They were watching a documentary on the Nat Geo channel.

"It's alright. You guys should stop fighting." I told Nora and Chris. Nora had been on to him this past few days.

"You know what would do you good?" She said.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Let's go to the club?" She suggested.

"Really? Are you really saying that? A day to Christmas you want us to go to the club?" I said, looking at her like she had grown two heads.

"Yea. Any problem?" Nora asked.

"Of course, there is." I rolled my eyes at her. " I'm pregnant, I can't take anything with alcohol or caffeine ."  I said.

"Who said anything about drinking?" She shrugged, grinning at me.

" Get thee behind me Satan." I said.

"Come on girl. You don't need to drink."

" Still not going."

"What's the matter darling?" My dad asked.

"Its nothing Dad." I told him. I didn't know when he got up and joined us in the kitchen.

"Mr Robert, Ella doesn't want to join Chris and I in the club."

"Yes dad. I told them I'd prefer staying at home. Reading." I said beaming with a smile.

"What's the fun in that?" Dad scoffed, "in my days, your mum and I would go around to several places, bars included to have fun on Christmas eve."

"What?" I couldn't believe my ears.

"Yes darling." mum concurred.

"Where are my parents and what have you done to them?" I asked mum and dad. It looked quite unbelievable.