Chapter 55 - Christmas (Bonus)

Christmas was coming and Hinata already had a chosen gift.

It was cold, and Naruto was wearing the red scarf Hinata had given him for his birthday.

"It’s so warm and it’s from her…" he thought. Suddenly he remembered the approaching Christmas, and quickly figured out what to give Hinata like that. He had some money saved from previous missions, and now the idea would come in handy.

Hinata had just gone to the store for the necessary things. Yes, it will be a DIY gift again. Of course, Sai is the best at drawing, but Hinata is also a great artist. In addition, with her Byakugan, she is extremely accurate. She bought crayons, paper, paints and glue. She went to the forest for some sticks and started.

She had a clear idea in her mind of what she would draw. Something to please him. She remembered the day they went to visit Jiraiya's grave together. She painted herself and Naruto praying at Jiraiya's grave. In addition, Jiraiya smiles at them as a ghost. She  captured the background and the roses Konan had given Naruto.

Then she painted it to capture the moment. She carefully cut the sticks with her kunai and painted them orange. This is Naruto's favorite color. She glued them together and the perfect frame was ready. She also stuck a red heart there. Then she put her picture in it and the gift was done. She wrapped it in wrapping paper and wrapped it in ribbon. So only Naruto was thinking about the gift.

"I would know about one gift, but it's probably too early…"

"I've got it! All girls love jewelry, right? Ero-sennin also suggested something … If Ero-sennin were here, he would definitely help me … I'll probably go to the jewelry store anyway…" All the jewelry was quite expensive and Naruto wanted to give her something original.

"Young men, looking for a gift for your sweetheart?"

"Huh? Well, yes, but I don't have much money with me…"

"Right now we have a discount on necklaces with names."

"Really? For how much?"

"100 Yuan." Naruto quickly counted the money.

"Great, it worked out for me."

"Aren't you Uzumaki Naruto?"

"That’s me, why?"

"You are the hero of the village, it is a shame to ask you for something like that!"

"Wait, I have an idea. What if you added my name to the necklace instead of giving it for free."

"But that's a great idea. Unfortunately, only your initials will fit in that necklace." The necklace has a heart shape.

"It does not matter."

"So tell me your first names."

"I’m Naruto and my girlfriend’s name is Hinata."

"Hinata, such a beautiful name…"

"May I ask when the necklace will be ready?"

"Of course, you are a VIP customer, so it will be ready tomorrow."

"Really?! You are the best!" Naruto hugged her.

"I'm glad you're happy, but please let me go."

"O-of course, I'm sorry…" said Naruto and left. The next day, Naruto came for the necklace. It was beautiful with a silver color and glittering stones.

"That's beautiful, I hope she likes it-ttebayo!"

"I guarantee it,“ said the sympathetic saleswoman. When Naruto came out of the store, he noticed something. It was not an ordinary necklace, but a locket.