Ch3- Locking Up the Past

(Y/N)'s POV"Keep running, my little butterfly

(Y/N)'s POV
"Keep running, my little butterfly. We'll be arriving soon~" Hisoka said as I held onto his hand throughout the first phase. I nodded my head and ran close to him. "Hey! (Y/N), is it.?" A familiar voice called out from the back as I heard small foot steps marching towards me.

"How old are you?" Gon asked with a cheeky smile as we ran next to each other. Hisoka picked me up as I he was now giving me piggy back ride. "She has no obligation on telling you her age. Like I said before, she can't speak~"

Hisoka sprinted up to the front as I watched Gon frown from behind. "We need to focus, (Y/N). We need to earn our license if you want to go back home to the boss~" My eyes sparkled as the thought of Chrollo popped into my head.

I made a tighter grip on Hisoka's shoulders and motioned him to move faster. "As you wish, my little butterfly~" Hisoks smiled and moved up towards where that creepy pinhead guy is. 'Strange..their aura feels familiar..'

"Ah! Hisoka, it's been awhile. Who is this you've brought with you?" The pinhead asked in a shaky, but robot voice. "Oh~? Gittarackur, I'd like for you to meet, (Y/N)-chan. She recently became a spider~"

Hisoka patted my head from behind as Gittarackur stared at us. "Pleasure to meet you, Miss. I am Gittarackur; a close employer to Hisoka." I pulled Hisoka fabric to cover half of my face.

The feeling whenever I get a good look at this Gittarackur guy.. It made me feel uneasy. "Would you like to take a nap, (Y/N)-chan~? I'll handle everything from here~" I shook my head at Hisoka's kind offer and jumped off his back.

"I adore that lovely look in your eyes, (Y/N). The smell of your hair reminds of my favorite candy from when I was your age~" I smiled under my mask and kindly thanked Hisoka for the weird compliment.

"Hey! (Y/N)! Would you like to race with us?" Gon appeared behind me again, but with a white haired kid following from behind. I ignored them and just kept running next to Hisoka.

"Gon, I think she can't speak." I could hear the white haired kid's sarcasm in that response. It almost made me feel sad due to the fact that I can't speak with my mask on. Yeah, I use to talk way before I got locked away.

My parents forbid me from ever taking it off. It's not that I don't want to speak.. It's just that I'm not really use to moving my mouth with a cloth stuck over it. And the thrill of seeing people's reaction to when I turn away when I'm trying to take it off:)

"(Y/N)-chan, do keep up, my dear. The end is just a few steps away~" Hisoka pointed up above the staircase to a large doorway of light. I sprinted up there and ended up tying with Gon and his friend.

"You're really fast, (Y/N)." Gon said to me and smiled. I suddenly held up my hands, showing off two numbers. "Huh.? 1..3.? What does that mean?" Gon asked me, but I just remained silent.

"I think she's showing us how old she is?" The white haired kid caught on quickly as Gon sweat dropped due to his oblivious state. "Oh! So, you're thirteen then, huh? That means you're about a year older than me and Killua."

Gon looked back at the white haired kid and then smirked back at me. "That's amazing! You look really young for your age." Gon continued to talk to me as we waited for the other applicants to arrive.

I waved to Gon and Killua before running back to Hisoka. He patted my head and hugged me close to the side of his leg. "Having fun, (Y/N)-chan~?" I ignored his question and pointed at my stomach that I was hungry.

Hisoka sighed and dug inside of his pocket and pulled out a bag of snacks that Pakunoda packed for me. I love Pakunoda, she reminds me of my older sister. But then she betrayed me. It was partly her fault that I got locked in that chest.

Loud screams filled the air as I was stuck in the chest. I could hear my family getting slaughtered as blood splatters splashed onto the lid. Then I heard the clattering of chains being added on top.

That a was the last day I've ever heard or seen my family before their death. It made also wonder who was responsible for their deaths. And then it made me scared that if my Nen gets out, I could cause trouble for everyone else.

I promised myself that I will never take off this mask. Never take it off.. Never show my mouth.. Never hurt anyone.. I was now currently jumping up and down, trying to grab the bag of snacks, but Hisoka wouldn't stop teasing me by raising his arm up higher.

I aggressively yanked his arm down and snatched the bag from his hand. "Hm~? Nice catch, my dear~" Hisoka patted my head and opened up the bag for me. I slipped the snack  through my mask and continue munching on it.

I then saw Hisoka throwing cards at someone, but I ignored it until I saw cards coming my way. I dodged and frowned at Hisoka for doing that. He chuckled and patted me on the head. "Sorry dear, couldn't help myself. Nice reflexes though~"

We began to run again, so Hisoka carried me until I finished my snack. By the time I finished, a giant cloud of mist suddenly expanded across my eyesight. I was already off of Hisoka's back, and I couldn't see a thing.

I carefully started to use Gyo to show me the path to where the examiner went. If I could see his aura, then I could see where the next phase will be taken. I ran as fast as I could, leaving the applicants in the dust.

I suddenly felt Hisoka's aura, which made me feel uneasy that he is up to something, even if I've only known him for a couple of days. I switched directions and ran over to where Hisoka is.

I saw the tall, blue suited man rushing at Hisoka with a large stick. 'Protect. Must protect all Troupe members.' I rushed towards the scene and quickly blocked the man's attack and pushed him back hard.

"How nice of you my dear, but I don't need saving~" Hisoka smiled down at me and gestured to go ahead and that he'll meet me at the gate. Gittarackur waved me over, so I joined him next to a tree.

"So, do you have a number or are you just a rat to Chrollo?" Gittarackur asked, which kinda made me upset. 'I think we both know who the rat is with those pins clogging your ears.' I just smiled and walked away closer to the gate.

"I hope you love cooking, Miss." Mr. Satotz leaned forward and whispered in my ear with a wink. I nodded my head yes in understanding and smiled. 'Cooking, huh.. I guess that won't be a problem.'