Ch16- (Y/n) and Kazuko

(Y/n)'s POV     "Kazuko

(Y/n)'s POV
     "Kazuko..." I raised my voice as I stood up in a straight position. "I do not want to fight you," I said sternly. "Who the hell are you anyway?" Kazuko spat back at me. My fists clenched into a tight ball. My knuckles turned white as my nails dug into my palms.

     'He doesn't remember me...' I closed my eyes in disbelief and dropped my head towards the floor. I cannot believe he doesn't remember anything. This must've been an act done by the leader of the Huriah.
I held back my tears as I felt my blood boil with anger. "I'm sorry, Kazuko... You must've been suffering, haven't you? Our whole village, our clans being slaughtered and burnt..." I bit my tongue. I was trying not to cry.

But it has to be done. "But I am not going back with you." I pulled off my mask and threw it aside.
"Huh..." Kazuko smirked and pulled out a dagger from his pocket. 'Great... He's going to stab me.'

"Alright then. I guess we are going down that direction, huh?" Kazuko smirked and rushed at me at an abnormal speed. 'What the hell? Since when can do that!?' Luckily, Killua pushed me out of the way in time and pinned Kazuko down with his strength.

"Don't just stand there! Get her!" Kazuko ordered the Shurah troupe. The Shurah rushed at me with their weird weapons. I closed my eyes as I felt my aura ooze out from my body. My eyebrows knitted into an irritated expression as I felt the floor below me shake.

     The Shurah lost their footing and stumbled to the ground, toppling on top of each other. 'Huh...well, no wonder they're so easy to beat.' My sweat dropped and shook my head as I focused back on the fight. Gon helped me by tying up the Shurah with his fishing pole.

     Kazuko snickered lifted his hand and pressed his fingers together. I felt my eyes stretch back in shock. "Killua! Get back!" I shouted. Killua quickly let go of Kazuko before he could snap his fingers. Killua grabbed me and Gon and hopped behind the furniture as a huge explosion shook the tower.

     "What the hell? What was that!" Killua shouted as he kept his gaze on Kazuko from behind our hiding spot. "It must be Kazuko's Nen ability. We have to get out of here. If we get caught in his range again we're going to get killed!" I said.

     "But, what about everyone else? There are tons of people in this building, we have to get them out of here!" Gon exclaimed.
     "They'll be fine, Gon. There are at least sixty percent of Nen users in Heavens Arena. They can protect themselves if trouble crosses their path." I explained.

     "Then we will just focus on getting rid of this guy!" Killua growled. "What's this guy's deal anyway? You know him, don't you?" Killua asked, glaring at me. I gulped... "Yes, I do. He's from the village I grew up in." I sighed. My interrogation got cut short when Kazuko shot out another attack in our direction.

     We all dodged and now were hanging on the side of the edge of the building, which now had a gaunt hole in the wall. I connected my Nen to my feet as I stood vertically against the outside walls of Heavens Arena.
    "He was...my friend..." I blushed embarrassingly. I cleared my throat and looked back at Kazuko who was towering over us. Since Gon and Killua barely knew about Nen, I held them up with my arms as they didn't learn how to attach themselves like I did.

     "The truth is that I... I am a beast. I was unwanted in my village. I was neglected by my parents, and they sold me off to the village leader to have me killed. But I got away, and now they want me back to finish me off."
     I glared back up at Kazuko as I inhaled the oxygen in my throat. I felt the saliva on my tongue burst into bubbles as I spit an acidic ball towards him.

     The destruction caused by Kazuko grew as my acid hit the wall. Oops...
     The hole in the wall started to boil as it melted into a bigger hole. He's lucky I missed.

     "If he is your friend, then why is he trying to kill you?" Gon asked. I looked at him, get had a mixed expression of sadness and curiosity in his eyes.
     "Because his memories of me have been terminated. He has been turned into nothing but a pawn for my village ruler. I didn't think it was possible either, but somehow Kazuko has been given Nen abilities."

I ran up alongside the tower and spit another acidic ball towards Kazuko. "Sorry guys! Hang on a second." I glanced at Killua, who shook his head violently, but I ignored him and threw him and Gon up in the air with my brute strength.

I jumped back into the building crashed myself onto Kazuko and pinned him down. "How did you find me?" I asked. He did nothing but smirk at me. My eyes softened. I still cannot believe, the person he has turned into. It's sick.

"We had some help. The Shurah notified me that you were spotted in this district," he answered and kicked me off his chest. I skidded onto my feet and attempted to punch him. He caught my fist and flipped me over. I cannot believe that our strength is closely matched. I knew him all of my life, but I guessed that he had been keeping secrets like this from me as well.

Third Person POV
The confrontation between (Y/n) and her now-evil friend Kazuko creates a tense and emotional Nen battle. (Y/n), driven by the desire to bring back the Kazuko she once knew, faces the challenge of combating his malevolent Nen abilities.

Kazuko, having turned to darkness, may wield a sinister aura and employ potent, malevolent Nen techniques. The battle becomes not only a test of strength and skill but also a clash of emotions, as (Y/n) grapples with the pain of confronting a friend gone astray.

The Nen arena serves as a battleground for the conflict of loyalties and the struggle to redeem or defeat a once cherished companion, adding layers of complexity to this intense and heartbreaking confrontation within the Hunter world.

'Kazuko, I'm sorry my love. I will find a way to bring your memories back. But I have to beat you first.' (Y/n)'s eyes glistened with determination as she charged Ko into her fist and punched Kazuko square in the face, sending him flying through the cement walls of the building.

(Y/n) froze and realized that the boys were still outside. Probably dropping to their deaths right now. She ran back towards the hole in the wall jumped out and caught Gon and Killua just in time.
"You idiot! Are you trying to kill us!" Killua shouted in (Y/n)'s face. "Shut up! I saved you, didn't I?" (Y/n) shouted back. "Well, now what, genius?" Killua groaned and crossed his arms, not caring at all that he was hanging by a thread at this point outside the walls of a 991-meter tower.

"I don't know, but... I am the only one right now who can fight him. You guys can uh... I'm sure you can figure it out." (Y/n) smiled nervously.
"Seriously!?" Killua whined. "We're not leaving you, (Y/n)!" Gon said.

"That's very loyal of you, Gon, but I don't know how you can help me in this fight." (Y/n) sighed. She ran back up the side of the building and back into her room, which now basically had a giant open view.
"Fine then! Killua and I will go find Hisoka for you!" Gon offered, leaving Killua gawking, speechless.

"What!? No way! I am not—" Killua grunted and crossed his arms. Gon's eyes stayed glued onto Killua's. The young assassin's face flushed into embarrassment. "Okay! Okay! I'll go! Just stop giving me that look."
(Y/n) smiled, "Thanks you guys. Now go!"

Gon smiled, making eye contact with (Y/n). "You know what I just realized? Your voice sounds really beautiful! You should speak more often." Gon said, smiling.
(Y/n) blushed and smiled. "Hurry up now. I'd hate for you two to get caught in the crossfire."

The boys nodded as they rushed out of the room and into the hallway to search for Hisoka. "It's just you and me now, Kazuko..."