Ch4- The Ultimate Food Chain

(Y/N)'s POVThe gate opened up as two were shown sitting on a staircase

(Y/N)'s POV
The gate opened up as two were shown sitting on a staircase. I ignored their introduction and looked around at the scenery. My surroundings from behind the gate were covered with cooking stations.

'Oh! So we are actually cooking!' I blushed at the thought of food. I looked up at Hisoka and smiled as I leaned onto his leg. "My, you're quite excited, aren't you~" Hisoka combed my hair with his fingernails as I soothed into the weird feeling.

(Get that out of your head ladies.) The examiners sent us off, explaining that we needed to find a specific animal species to cook the food. I jumped through the trees unnoticed as I clearly spotted the large pink creatures.

I jumped up really high and used my strength to heel kick on its forehead. 'Oh..that actually worked!' "Way to go, (Y/N)-Senpai!" Gon yelled as him and his friends were sliding down the hill.

"H-hey! How'd you do that?!" The man in the suit, whose name I learned to be Leorio. He asked how I took out the boar as he was stomping and screaming for an answer. I tapped on my forehead until the blonde boy understood what I was doing.

"Thank you..(Y/N), was it?" The blonde smiled as the four thanked me for the help. I rolled the pig up the hill until Hisoka spotted me and decided to carry the pig for me to the exam sight. I hugged him and got to work on cooking.

When it comes to pork, the first thing that came to my mind were ribs. I got started on cooking as applicants were already finished with their plate. I'm not an expert on food or anything.

I could just tell they did a bad job because of the burning smell that's coming from their food. I finally finished cooking and served it to the examiners. "Aren't you cute. But is your food good enough?"

The lady bent down and smelled the ribs. She smiled and dug her fork into the food. The other examiner just ate it within a second. He held up a sign, showing me that I did a good job. While the lady was still eating her plate.

"These are ribs. You got any sauce to go with this, little girl?" I brought out a bowl of some barbecue sauce I made and put it out on the table. The lady dipped her food into it and ate it. "Hm? Not bad, kid. You got guts. I'll give a pass."

The lady held up an approval as she sents me off. I smiled and ran towards Hisoka. I smiled up at him as a motion that I passed. "Wonderful~" Hisoka's gaze was still fixated on the food as he just roasted the pig, too.

His usual smirk was a frown due to the fact that cooking wasn't at all his specialty. "H.." I stuttered out, which caused Hisoka to look down at me with a surprised look in his eyes. "You were saying something, dear~?"

Hisoka bent down to my height and leaned in closer. "Want some~?" Hisoka sliced a piece of his failed pork and stabbed it with a fork. I shook my head no and smiled back as a thank you. "Oh, what a pity. I think it's good~"

Hisoka ate the pork, but soon gagged and spit it back out. I giggled under my mask and held onto Hisoka's hand. "Yes, my dear. I could see why that woman failed me~" Hisoka had a sarcastic look on his face that made me smile.

'He's almost like a big brother with issues. I like it!' I stopped thinking when an old man crashed into the phase. 'Did I miss something.?' The old man then glanced at me and went back to talking to the examiner.

I heard Hisoka chuckling and at them as I slowly stepped back. 'Yeah..real issues.' Hisoka then pulled me over towards the entrance of this airship to get inside. 'Where did that come from.? It's huge..'

We arrived at a mountain with a satisfying cut in the middle. The old man told me that I don't have to it since I've passed. I watched Hisoka as he grabbed an egg with his Nen. Bungee Gum is what he called it.

I thought it was weird to name it after an old candy, but I just went with it since that's really accurate for Hisoka to do that. I looked around at all the other applicants that didn't choose to jump.

Like this one girl who wore skates, she seemed pretty cool. (Easter egg;) We boarded the airship, and I suddenly felt really tired. I followed Hisoka and Gittarackur to a room with two beds.

Gittarackur pulled out his pins as his appearance started to change. I just stared at him until Hisoka came out of the connected bathroom, with just a towel around his waist. "Oh~? I see you've met, Illumi~"

'Illumi.? Hm..oh! He was the guy Hisoka mentioned over the phone. Hisoka wouldn't stop licking his lips. It was weird.' Illumi let me brushed his hair, which I was very excited about doing.

Then Hisoka tucked me into the sheets as him and Illumi stayed up a while longer. I was currently sleeping peacefully as I ignored Hisoka's and Illumi's screams from the other bed beside me.

'I wonder what the Phantom Troupe are doing right now.? I miss them.. Mostly Pakunoda and Chrollo. I hope I can finish this exam quickly so I can go back to them.' "Hisoka! Stop it!"

I sighed under my mask and quickly fell asleep.

~in the dream~

I was currently walking through the forest close to my home. My bare feet were covered in dirt and splinters, but I didn't care. All I cared about was getting the h*ll out of here. My parents hired someone to "fix me up."

That morning a figure in a dark cloak showed up, so I made a run for it. I was scared, yet confused as to why they would call such a man. Those cloaked figures are called the "Shurah."

The Shurah come from the mountain that's just above our village. People get sent up there if they do bad things or they get called down here for a public execution. Yeah, we do one of those.

Half of my neighbor's children about my age had already been executed. When the cloaks showed up at my door with their equipment, I knew I was next. But that wasn't going to happen.

I just kept running and running until I could hardly breath. I saw the cloak figures jumping through the trees as they were coming after me. I sent Nen to my feet for averse for speed, but then I accidentally tripped and fell into their trap.

Every year or month, the Shurah pick a different execution method for a different person. My execution was called the "Box of Lies." It was when they put executioners in a box covered with ancient bible pages and they lock you up with chains.

The leather and metal were really thin when they hang the box over a large fire. The village watched as they listened to the burning victim from the inside. It was a horrible event to witness and experience.

By the time my execution ended, the fire barely burned me at all. So the Shurah just threw me into the ocean as the water swept me away..

~end of dream~

I was breathing heavily as I opened me eyes to see Hisoka and Illumi above me. One of them put a wet wash rag over my head as my face were burning with red. "Take it easy, my dear. You have a fever~"

Hisoka smiled and stroked my head. "We'll be arriving at the next phase in eight hours. Get some rest." Illumi said as he looked down me with those black eyes.