Ch13- Contract of Fate

(Y/N)'s POVStrangely, it's already been six months since I've witnessed myself getting thrown into that box

(Y/N)'s POV
Strangely, it's already been six months since I've witnessed myself getting thrown into that box. I still have it with me because I like to sleep in it sometimes. It makes me feel safe. I was currently sitting in the living room watching Hisoka's fight against— I forgot his name:)

As my actions back at the Hunter Exam did the talking for me— fighting isn't my thing, nor watching it. Especially if it's someone I know fighting someone to the death. Hisoka told me that I didn't have to go with him, so he asked Gon and Killua to come and hang out in our room for a while until his fight ends.

Hisoka also gave me some books to read while Gon, Killua, and I wait. "WHAT?!" Gon yelled while his eyes were staring at the TV. He couldn't keep his eyes off of it. Why? Because he was watching Hisoka's fight.

"That Kastro guy is amazing! But— what is Hisoka doing?" Killua also directed his attention towards the TV while I was still reading the book that I was holding. 'These guys don't see it, do they?'

I threw the book aside and started looking for another one. My gaze then stopped upon a book that I never thought I'd see again: History of Sogaku Village. 'My home town...'

I opened up to the first page, and there it showed the Origin of the Huriah; (The highest group rank in our village). The Huriah was responsible for everything that's been happening in Sogaku: Shops, money, houses, the people that lived there.

That includes all executions.

I didn't even realize that my blood lust was leaking out of my skin, but I couldn't hold it in anymore as I read an entire page about the Huriah. I jumped when I saw my name— my old name on the page.

Due to the erasure of Sogaku's population, Huriah has postponed the execution of (Y/N) (L/N), making her the youngest out of two victims to survive. I was crying at this point. Me— including one other person made it out alive.

'Wait— postponed—? But, that means—' I checked the page and the date this book was published happened a few days after I locked myself in that box. As been told by Sogaku law: All victims must die within the year of the last execution they have witnessed.

'But, I escaped— Well, on accident. But this means— the Huriah are still looking for me. I'm next.' I dropped the book and ran towards the large bed. I hid under the covers and shook in fear— No...I was shaking in anger.

But then another thought came to me: Hisoka gave me the books. But where did he get them? Any books that involved the history of my village got wiped out from being sold to the public.

Unless Hisoka somehow managed to find a way to get his hands on one of them, since the whole Troupe knew where I was from (thanks to Pakunoda's darn memory reading ability). I peeked out of the covers to see that Gon and Killua were still watching Hisoka's fight on the television.

I'm surprised that they haven't noticed me running out of the living room when one of them is a skilled assassin, and the other is Gon:) Killua's phone started ringing, and he picked it up. I caught a glimpse of it, seeing that it was his brother, Illumi calling him.

'They are brothers, after all. Wait— Illumi— that's it!' Illumi told me back at the Hunter Exam that he got ordered to kill my village the same day of my execution. That means he must've got his hands on a couple of books, and Hisoka had asked for them:/

But, why..? Why would Hisoka give me the book if he already knew where I came from and where I grew up. 'Was it an accident..? No, that's not it— he's not the type of person to make mistakes.

Was it meant to be a joke? A trick? Some trigger—? That's it...'

Chrollo mentioned something about Hisoka is attracted to potential and power. But I don't see myself as vital. I guessed that Hisoka probably started taking a liking to me after I was desperate to take a nap on his shoulders.

I did show off a bit of my Acid that time, or was it when I killed that Shurah member at the Exam? It was either of those two incidents that caused Hisoka to start a plan that would increase my ability to become a better opponent to fight in the future.

But since I've figured out his whole scheme, 'Yeah, good luck with that...' I rolled my eyes and joined Gon and Killua on the couch. "Hey, (Y/N)! Want a snack?" Gon asked and pulled out a turkey leg from his pocket.

"You idiot! Why would anyone accept food from your pocket?" I smiled at Killua's irritated expression and patted his head. "You're not going to eat that, are you?" Killua asked in disgust.

I shook my head and stood up from the couch, and walked towards the kitchen. I realized that Hisoka filled all of the cabinets with his stupid candies and that all my snacks have been eaten (by me, of course:).

I probably should've accepted Gon's turkey leg pocket. I pulled out my phone and dialed Feitan's number. One: He makes good food, and two: He's good at plotting revenge, especially on selfish brats like Hisoka.

Third Persons POV
"It's been almost half a year, and you still can't find a brat with (h/c)?!"

(For the first five readers who can guess where this quote is from, I will fulfill a request of your choice and put it in this book! Oh, I almost forgot— UwU).

The voice grew quiet for a few seconds before letting out a loud and killing screech of agony. "You do realize that we're running out of time, don't you?" The voice that came from the man in the cloak— held a fist up to his mouth and coughed.

"Hey, you— the boy with the irritating blue eyes! Come here! I've got a job for you—" The man waved the young boy over before coughing again, but with a more hacking sound as if there were a bucket of whistles caught in his throat.

"Yes, Uncle?" The boy with blue eyes hissed, glaring down at his sick and drunk uncle in disgust. "I need you to go out and gather— the Huriah," the man said with a more dark and sinister voice.

"You can't be serious? They are the most dangerous group in the mountains! Even worst— Far from worst than the—" the boy with blue eyes stopped and clenched his fists to contain his anger, mostly sadness.

His uncle noticed this but scoffed and rolled his eyes at his nephew. "Do not fail this assignment, you hear me? You have until the end of the week to get the Huriah on our side, or it'll be us next since there aren't any villagers left to execute."

The man lit his cigarette, and a puff of smoke came out of his mouth. "You are free to leave, Kazuko."