Ch2- Quiet in the Light

(Y/N)'s POVA white man in funny clothing woke me up and pulled me outside of the Troupe's base

(Y/N)'s POV
A white man in funny clothing woke me up and pulled me outside of the Troupe's base. I was hungry. I wanted to stay with Miss Pakunoda longer, but Chrollo said I had to go to this place called the Hunter exam.?

I didn't know what he meant, but I followed Hisoka anyway. I was really tired along the way, and I wanted to take a nap, so I started tugging on Hisoka's shirt until he acknowledged me.

He glared daggers into my eyes, but I didn't care. I wanted my nap. I raised my arms in the gesture of please, carry me. Hisoka ignored me, which caused me to grow more desperate. I kept tugging on his arm until it got to the part when my saliva started to drip.

The acid in my mouth started to sink into my skin below my bottom lip. My chin started to burn, but I didn't care as I slowly started to growl. Hisoka stopped walking and looked down at my figure, with a slight glimmer in his golden eyes.

He raised an eyebrow and picked me up. I calmed down as soon as my head touched his shoulder. "Sleep well, this trip will take a while~" Hisoka stroked my back as I closed my eyelids.

~time skip:
Author: In case you were wondering, (Y/N) is inspired by Nezuko from Demon Slayer

Hisoka: Oh~? Then that means-

(Y/N): Don't even think about it. Be grateful that I even agreed to play the main role of a thirteen year old!

Gon & Killua: (Y/N)-chAaAAaAn- pfft!

(Y/N): Now you've done it..

Hisoka woke me up in front of some grilled food restaurant

Hisoka woke me up in front of some grilled food restaurant. We walked inside, only for me to discover the fresh scent of stake meat and other food sorts. Hisoka said something to the owner, but I didn't pay attention as I was too busy begging for food.

The owner smiled and gave me a fresh plate of stake and side of beans. I nodded my head in a thankful manner and ran off to find Hisoka, who was waiting in the back room. "You could've told me you were hungry~"

Hisoka smirked, knowing that I am mute with the mask on. I slipped the chopsticks through my mask and started savoring the flavor of the meat. The room started to move, but I didn't care until the door opened.

I stepped out after Hisoka and followed him towards a corner. Hisoka told me that he was going to walk around and scope out any new toys as he explained it. I just sat there as I ate my food.

"Hello there, what's your name?" I looked up from my plate to see a man in blue. Even with my mask on, his scent seemed funny. "Quite the spread you got there.." He laughed nervously as if he wanted to keep going with our conversation.

If you can even call it a conversation with only one person talking. "Well, how bout' a drink to help you wash that meat down?" The man sticks out a can of what it looks to be one of those old juices that my family used to shove down my throat.

I stared at the can in fear, but I kept my emotions hidden as I ran over to Hisoka and jumped on shoulder. "What's the matter, dear~?" I rested my chin on his shoulder as Tonpa, whose name I learned, was staring at us in fear and intimidation.

"Don't worry, you're safe~" I slightly looked up at Hisoka as I felt his blood lust. I wrapped my arms around his neck, which made his blood lust go down. I felt his gaze on me as I spot three more applicants walking in.

"The comfort to reel back in somebody's blood lust.. You really are amusing, (Y/N) Lucifer~" 'That's right.. I almost forgot that Chrollo changed my last name to make me forget about my past.'

"Excuse me, what's your name?" I looked down from Hisoka's back to see a boy with black and greenish hair, complimented with a green outfit. "Could you tell me why you are on his back?" I listened as I just kept staring at him.

"Forgive her, but she can't speak. Why don't you run along~?" Hisoka spoke for me as he walked away with me still resting on his shoulder. I stared at the boy with tired eyes as I watched two other boys coming towards him.

"Gon, what the the h*ll are you doing?!" A tall man in blue yanked the green boy back as we walked further away. "Why don't you rest, (Y/N). I can handle things from here~" I nodded my head as I closed my eyes..

~time skip:
Hisoka: Where's Gon~?

(Y/N): *shrugs*

Hisoka: Are you still upset from what they called you, (Y/N)-cha-

(Y/N): *runs to Pakunoda*

Chrollo: Hisoka, you're only making it worse.

"Wake up, (Y/N). The first phase is about to start~" Hisoka puts me down as I rubbed my tired eyes. Hisoka patted my head as the examiner up front started walking. I followed behind Hisoka as we soon broke into a small run.

There were small taps coming from my sandals as my hair flew behind my ears. Taking that nap and eating that stake combo really made me hyper with energy. I just hope I have enough stamina to make it through all this running..

"Hey! The girl with the kimono!" I turned around to see the boy in green from before. "Hey there!" I stared at him as we ran. Never in my life had there been a person that was this interested in me. Well, close to my age.

Let alone even that excited to speak to me. 'This feeling.. What is it?' "Hi, I'm Gon! Do you mind telling me what your name is?" The boy- I mean, Gon smiled with a cheeky grin. It almost made me want to cover my eyes from the light reflecting off of his teeth.

"Gon, didn't you hear that creepy guy? He said she couldn't speak!" The man in blue yells out loud, while huffing in exhaustion. "I know, but a gut feeling told me not to listen to him. I believe that she can speak for herself."

I felt my eyes widened in shock. This boy is giving off a unique aura. I felt light on my feet when I heard his words. 'Big mistake.. If only you knew what was behind my mask.' "(Y/N)-chan, do keep up~"

Hisoka said from the front, which snapped me out of my glowing thoughts. I nodded my head and caught up with Hisoka. He smiled down at me as we ran together.. "By the way, the boss wishes to have a word with you after the exam is over~"

I nodded my head and just kept my gaze straight on the trail. 'Gon..you're making a big mistake of trying to be friends with me..'