holding hands

|austin|

     Finally Monday rolled around, and I haven’t seen Madison all morning. I hadn’t seen Madison since Halloween night when I kissed her. Wow. That kiss is the best thing that’s happened to me ever since I’ve been here. That night, that kiss; it means everything to me and I hope Madison doesn’t just throw it away as if it didn’t happen. I am not going to just throw away that kiss. 

     I feel someone smack my back and I look over to find Alex. He’s the only one who knows about Madison and I. Whatever we are. I know I definitely didn’t have the courage to ask her out just yet, but I wanted to see her today and every day after that. 

     “Have you seen her?” Alex asks, and I shake my head no. She is in my first class so I’m sure I’ll see her there. I found myself wanting to get to class after I realized that. I wish Alex a goodbye and rush off to the classroom. It would look quite strange to people that I want to actual be in class, but I just wanna see Madison is Chemistry. I wanna sit next to her, and maybe even hold her hand under the table. Did she like PDA? 

     I make my way to my seat, seeing an empty chair next to me. She always comes to class early so she can doodle. Which she’s never even shown me her art now that I think about it. I wonder why. I’m sure Madison’s art is amazing because it probably holds so much emotion she hides when she isn’t around me. It’s like Madison is probably as beautiful as her art is. I’m sure of it. 

     I glance out the window, watching as the wind brushes hard against the trees. The leaves of the trees are starting to get brown during the fall. Fall always seems to be my favorite season. Just the way nature seemed to look some how relaxed me. The way the animals seem to mind their own business. The way the leaves change color so slowly yet seem to look so beautiful. The way I can wear pull over sweaters and be able to see a beautiful girl in them as well. I hope I can see Madison wrapped up in one of my sweaters soon. I hope to see Madison’s hand wrapped up in my own.

     As class rolls by Madison never shows up. I sort of expect her to just walk through the door so I can get a good smile in before the end of class. But nothing.

     When the bell rings, I pick up my stuff and head outside to eat my lunch. When I spot a familiar figure underneath a nearby tree my heart just stops. Her blue eyes are connected with a book that reads Twilight. Oh god. Why is she reading that book? What overcame her to do that? I decide that would be a great conversation starter so I make my way over. I fix my backpack on my shoulders because I feel this nervousness come over me. I shouldn’t be nervous. I should be the confident one, but I just couldn’t around her. 

     “Hey…” I let out, looking down at her. Madison quickly cuts her gaze from the book and looks up to me. And she smiles. I smile back too, gesturing my head to the empty spot next to her. She nods in approval, moving over to let me sit next to her.

     “Twilight?” I then ask, and she lets out a soft laugh. I have to smile at it because Madison’s smile seems to make me forget the people watching us.

     “I decided to finally figure out why Edward was so breath-taking to many girls,” she admits. Her eyes avert back over to the book, and she loses herself in reading. I lose myself in her beautiful features once again.

     Madison doesn’t notice my staring or maybe she did. She doesn’t seem to mind though. She looks beautiful even with the wind blowing her hair in many different directions. It’s actually pretty cute, so I lean over, pushing some hair behind her ear. My action makes Madison smile this tiny smile, and glance over at me. I just smile at her, unable to contain myself.

     “What Mahone?” she asks.

     “Can I hold your hand?” I ask her. She fully looks at me now, smiling a bit. The left side of her lip raises farther then the right, but still it’s the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. I take this smile as a yes and slide my empty hand into hers. She intertwines our fingers, and I have to look down at our hands locked with each other.

      Here I am, sitting under a tree with Madison Hutson and I’m holding her small tiny hand in my own.

I love this story because Austin is so lovesick about her and like he's not as confident as other Austin's are. This may be different for some people, but not seeing this confident Austin and letting Madison drive him absolutely insane is different and well needed. 

Next update when I get 20+ votes :)