music

|austin|

     I sit on Madison’s bed, listening to my music as I rock my head back and forth. Madison seems too preoccupied in her homework to notice me jamming out to my favorite song. As soon as we stepped into her house, she rushed straight up to do homework. I am taking my sweet time though, just wanting to get a good amount of music in.

     I shut my eyes, getting lost in the song called Photograph by Ed Sheeran.

     We keep this love in this photograph
     We made these memories for ourselves

     My mind wanders off to Madison again. I like the way she likes to study. I like the way she smiles when she’s around her sister. I like the way her blue eyes shine when she sees something she likes. I like the way she is so strong. I even like the way she looks at me.

     It is no lie I am one of the only boys Madison is talking to. She never has been a social butterfly, but I like that about her. She seems so reserved.

     And if you hurt me
     Well, that's okay baby, only words bleed

     I open my eyes, looking over to see Madison watching me. I quickly pull out my ear buds, about to look even more stupid then I already have.

     “What?” I ask her, but Madison just smiles softly and looks back at her homework. I have to smile back too because I am already thinking about her smile. I lean my head back against the wall, and watch Madison start to focus on her homework.

     She sticks her tongue in between her teeth, and then she sometimes bites her lip. When she doesn’t understand something she furrows her eyebrows, and taps her pencil against her desk. When she knows the problem she just smiles softly down at her paper, looking proud of herself for figuring it out. I can tell when she doesn’t get it right she gets frustrated and runs a hand through her brown hair.

     “Let’s do something,” I state to her, and Madison spins in her chair immediately to look at me. Her eyes light up as if I had offered her a big bag of candy. To be honest it makes me chuckle at how excited she looks. It’s cute.

     “Like what?” she asks, standing up from her chair.

     “Listen to music with me,” I say, reaching out an ear bud to her. She looks at it, before smiling and sitting down next to me. Her bare arm brushes against my own, sending shivers down my spine at the feeling. No girl has ever had this effect on me.

     Madison takes the ear bud from my hand, placing it in her ear. I pick out a song for her to listen to with me. I want her to see my taste in music since it’s so important in my life. I love to sing, and play the guitar. As nerdy as it sounds, I love it.

     I play Shot for Me by Drake first. I scan Madison’s face for a reaction to the song, and she smiles too. “I love this song,” she ends up gushing, making my eyes light up. She likes the same music I do. Madison doesn’t seem like the type to like Drake or Chris Brown. I thought she’d be like most girls who like pop like One Direction and Justin Bieber. I mean, I like Justin Bieber, but I assumed she really likes Justin Bieber.

     I start to play more songs for Madison, watching as she hid her beautiful blue eyes underneath her eye lids. She did this to take in the music and cut off the surroundings around her. She seems so intone with the music that she starts to doze off.

     An hour later, Madison is out. Her head is leaning against my shoulder, and she snoozes peacefully. I know this is my time to go, but she is leaning into me so much I just couldn’t. So I know I have to stay. I simply had no choice (but I did).

     I pull Madison down with me, and then pull her covers over us. I slowly move her so her head is resting on her chest. She naturally entwines her legs with mine as if she has done this many times. A part of me also tells me she is awake, but I don’t mind.

     I press my soft lips to her forehead before whispering a soft, “Goodnight beautiful.

_________________________________________

Mostly a filler chapter, but still cute :) I hope you guys are enjoying this story. Please comment what you want to happen and keep voting for this story. I got lots in store.