cream colored curtains

|austin|

      I never knew what the inside of the nurse's room really did look like until today when I had carried the blue eyed mystery there herself after tripping over a branch while running the mile outside. Coach said it was a beautiful day to go running, when some how it had ended miserably. Madison had a blank face though, not seeming to be hurting, but the way her ankle was twisted Coach told me to take her.

    Madison doesn’t speak as the nurse directs me to sit her down on the small bed in the middle of the room. I look down at Madison, making sure she is okay with it, but Madison wouldn’t look back at me. She keeps her gaze directly on her tiny, baby looking hands that seem so nice to hold.

     I place her down on the bed, brushing her brown hair behind her ear. That had caught her attention because she averts her icy blue eyes at me in a harsh manner. I know she didn’t want me to touch her, but I had done it because I couldn’t contain myself. I just wanted to feel how soft her hair is.

     “Tell me if this hurts,” I hear the nurse speak up, glancing from Madison to me. I decide to move away, and avert my gaze somewhere else. I don’t want the nurse to ask some strange questions like ‘is this your boyfriend?’ or ‘do you think he’s cute?’

     “Ow,” I finally hear Madison let out, a whimper soon following. The way her voice rose up in pain makes my heart feel a little heavier in my chest. My shoulders immediately slump down too because I feel hopeless. I want to help her. I don’t want her to be in pain. If I had caught her or maybe stopped her from tripping she wouldn’t be here.

     What are you thinking, Mahone? This isn’t your fault that she’s a clutz.

     I let out a sigh, letting my head look back over to Madison. I pull up a plastic chair next to the small tiny bed that is in front of the cream colored curtains that made her skin look flawless and fairly tan against it. I start to notice Madison, continuously glancing my way to observe my motions like I would do her own because she is mysterious, unlike me. I am an open book. I get flustered easily around girls I like (not just flirt with), and if I thought you were really a girl I wanted to get to know I’d make it to known. I can’t hide my feelings very well.

     It’s like when I flirt I’m a completely different person. I can be this cocky kid, but if I really seem to like you I just make myself look stupid every chance I get.

     “Ow! Please stop,” Madison lets out, her voice cracking in pain. My next move in this situation is pretty stupid, but I had gained enough courage to do it. I slowly (and carefully) slide my big hand into her tiny baby hand that I had fantasized about holding just a few moments ago.

     Madison’s gaze immediately averts over to me with her icy cold glare, but I just look away as if I didn’t notice, but I noticed. I had shivered at the fact her stare could make my heart stop in an instant. She has some effect on me that I can’t shake off even if I wanted to.

     “It’s not broken, it’s just a bad sprain, dear,” I hear the nurse speak up, which made Madison look away from me and directly at the lady. I can feel her relax a bit at the news, and then hear a sigh escape her slightly plump pink lips that seem to shine in this light. It makes me lick my lips in response, just by looking at them for a moment.

    “Mr. Mahone, Madison must head home immediately. Can you drive her? I can give you a pass out of class. Also, Madison I will get you some crutches so you can avoid walking on that bad ankle,” the nurse says, and me being stupid I spoke up,

     “No need for crutches. I can carry her,” I say, watching as Madison’s head didn’t even flinch at what I had said. She seems to just keep a blank stare at the white wall in front of her.

     Madison always seems to be in her own world. Alex told me more about the girl every time something new seemed to happen. The second day that I was here, Madison was sitting alone at her table while across from her was a boy with some gold chains around his neck that kept clashing together. He would keep taking them off, putting them on the table, picking them back up, swinging them a bit, putting them back on, then repeating it about fifty times. If I was Madison I would’ve hit him, but Madison continued to scribble into her worn out notebook.

     Reminders: Buy Madison a new Journal

     I slide my arms underneath Madison, picking her up. She doesn’t react to my touch, just letting me carry her out to my red range rover. I have to look down at Madison to see her eyes trailing over my dream car I had always wanted and had finally gotten.

     “You like cars?” I speak up, breaking the silence as I open shot gun for her with one arm. I keep holding her with one arm, and when she notices that she clutches onto my neck to keep from falling. It was only a few seconds before getting in the car myself. I’m glad I got to be able to have a full car ride with her. I’d purposely miss all her directions, because if I did it’d mean more time to talk to her.

     I didn’t want to ever stop talking to her.

     Madison nods, not daring to speak up just yet. I nod back to her, unsure what to say next so I just turned on the radio.

     “Can I plug in my music?” I hear Madison croak up, her voice low and barely audible, but I had been waiting for her to speak up so I hear her.

     “Go for it!” I state, watching as she plugs in the cord to the car, and then to her own phone.

     After that I had learned more things about this girl, Madison Hutson. Like:

-cream colored curtains make her skin look flawless and fairly tan
-she hated to be physically touched
-she’s a cute clutz ;)
-she spoke to me through her music, not through her words

     Some people say girls like Madison don’t existence. Words used to describe girls like Madison were perfect, stunning, flawless. Madison… I couldn’t describe her in only words. There was so much more to her that not just words could do her justice.

__________

Next Update at at least 10 hearts :)