please

Final chapter :) Thank you all so much for all the votes and comments. It means so much to me and I hope you all enjoy this chapter. Check out my other books too like baby on board and road trip xoxo 

 |austin|

     Madison won’t pick up the phone. She won’t answer my texts or my calls. She won’t even come to pick up her stuff. It just sucks because I lost the most important part of me in my life for about a month now. I had asked her mom if she knew where she was, but nothing. No one has heard from Madison and it’s starting to effect Sabrina too.

     Sabrina always slides into my bed at night, crying into my chest, just wanting Madison to come back. All I can do is hold her and blame myself for what happened. That car accident changed everything and all I wanted was to have her back. Everyone has been searching for her, but nothing. But I know she’ll come back

My mom tries to tell me to move on, but I know Madison. She’ll come back.

     I try to remind Sabrina that Madison will come back. Maybe not for me, but for her. Sabrina misses the whole picking up from school thing, and I just miss Madison at school. I never see her there.

     I always pass by the tree where I held her hand, hoping she’ll be there. But she isn’t. She isn’t reading some lame book and tucking some of her brown hair behind her ear. But I wish she was.

     I always wonder if Madison is thinking about me. Was it hard leaving me behind or was it the easiest thing ever? Did she ever really love me like she said she did? I sit up at night wondering if everything she said meant something.

     I like to tell myself she meant it all. She left because she wanted to protect me, thinking without her it would. But no way. She’s my angel, and she was always looking out for me. I know she probably blamed herself for this, but no one else did. I didn’t even blame her because she wasn’t driving. I was. I had hurt her, and she didn’t realize that.

     I text Madison every night even if it’s a simply I love you, and I never get a response back. I like to tell myself it’s because she didn’t get them, but I know that isn’t true so tonight I text her. 

It’s time for me to stop missing you.

     Sabrina was fast asleep already and I was trying to sleep myself but of course I couldn’t because Madison was roaming my head. She was telling me to not give up. She was telling me that she would come back. I guess, I keep holding on this facade of Madison.

     I loved Madison with everything in me. She was my soulmate. I know that. I know that is she the girl for me and no one could ever replace her. No one could ever be as amazing as her. No one could ever be Madison. Madison was my gift just like her name meant. Madison means gift of god and that is exactly what she was.

I was lucky to even be in her presence for only a little while.

     People don’t realize how much time that have with someone could be short or it could last forever. I took my time with Madison for granted and now all I want is her walking into my room once again, telling me she needs me. I just want her laughing and smiling at my lame jokes and helping my mom cook in the kitchen.

     Madison made an impact on not only me, but my mom. On Zach, Rob, and Alex. All of them want her back, but it doesn’t hurt them as much as it hurts me. I’d do anything just to see Madison. Just to smell her rose perfume, and hold her in my arms one more time. I wish I knew that the kiss in my car would be our last.

     I wanna turn back time and have us back on that blanket. I’d do anything just for that moment again when the world revolved around us even for a little while. I had my gift right next to me, and she was unharmed and unhurt. I’d do anything just to go back to that.

     I slip out of my bed, ready to just give up on everything. Because Madison is everything to me and being without her hurts me. It hurts me so much. I just need her and I hate being without her for this long.

I had everything I ever wanted and now it’s gone. She’s gone.

     I walk into the kitchen, making myself a cup of coffee because not like I was getting any sleep. Tonight is my last night I get to think about Madison and I don’t wanna throw that away. But I have to give it away at some point because maybe my mom was right. Madison won’t come back.

     As I grabbed my coffee I heard a soft knock at the door, and furrowed my eyebrows. I glance to the microwave, seeing it was about midnight and I don’t know who could possibly be here at this time.

     I head to the door though, slowly opening it up and I also dropped my mother fucking coffee. I couldn’t speak. Words weren’t in my vocabulary at the moment, and I felt so vulnerable. It hurt so fucking much just to look.

     “Austin…” she spoke so softly, it tore at my chest. I place my coffee down on the table nearby and immediately pull her into my arms. She wraps her arms around his neck, strangling me almost because she was gripping so tight.

     “Please, forgive me. Please let me come home, Austin,” she cries into my neck, and I was smiling because I was never mad at her for leaving. I never would be because she’s my baby. She’s my god damn gift and she’s back. I knew she would come back. I knew it all along.

“Never leave me again,” I say to her before continuing, “Your mom was right Madison, you are my gift. You will always be my gift and I’m never letting you go to waste.”

     She only cried even harder because her mom once said to her that she’d be someone’s gift and I’m so lucky because she was all fucking mine. My gift. My angel. My everything. She was right here all along.