𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 | 𝟑𝟎 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

|| Nothing looks what it seems ||
Two years later

It feels like everyone was watching me. The constant feeling that I have to do everything right, the pressure I feel because I have to give everything I have. I wanted to show everyone that I can do it, I don't want to disappoint my manager, my label. My family and friends. My girlfriend. But, at some point, I can't handle this anymore. This is too much. How much of this can I take, living the life I have. When is the time that I just break down and fade away? How long can I keep this invisible mask on?

The guard opened the limo. Billie got out and helped Kendra since she has a long dress on. Holding each other's hand, they walk on the red carpet where every paparazzi screams their name for attention. Billie has her arm on Kendra's lower back when they pose for the picture. They faced each other and smiled lovingly. The man told them to continue walking. Billie took a hold of Kendra's dress, they laughed walking to the next red carpet spot.

I have a relationship with someone, who completely understands what I'm feeling. She helps me through this new phase of life, something I have never expected to happen. I'm glad I got the opportunity to grow into the person I should be. The new me.

The couple walks into the house, looking around.
"This beautiful house in the Hills has five bedrooms, six bathrooms, a movie theater, an arcade basement, a huge kitchen, a dining room, a huge living room, an extra room, a garage, and a huge garden with a pool." The estate agent explains while Kendra and Billie followed him around. They love this house.

But every success comes with a price. You constantly have to be on stand-by. It's all about working and nothing else matters. People expect many things from you and you need to go with it. Because you are powerless against them and your career is in their hands. Sometimes you need the extra help to make it less stressful.

"Twenty seconds before the next song!" One of the production staff calls. Her makeup artist, hairdresser, and costume designer walks out of Kendra's greenroom when they finished on Kendra's next look for the show. Kendra gazes at herself in the mirror, putting her golden earrings on that match her golden sexy outfit. She could here the screaming fans that watched her second interlude of her show. Kendra took her purse and took out a purple happy pill, and a bottle of water. She stares at it for a moment and swallowed the whole pill with a sip of water. She stands up and looks at herself one more time in the mirror. She smiled confidently and left the room.

|...|

To be continued

Book three of the Serendipity Trilogy. Will be published today!

 Will be published today!