Fifty-Three // Prom Kings

Oliver Greene

The end of May was busy, with event after event. Ben and I were nominated for Prom Kings, which made me nervous but Ben thought it was fun. Mia had invited herself over to my house to help me get ready, knowing I'd be nervous.

"Is this okay? I feel like I look weird." I said, scrunching up my face as I looked in the mirror. I was wearing a navy suit with a white button-up, a navy bow tie hanging loosely around my neck.

"You look great, Ol." Mia said, standing behind me and smiling. "I think Ben will think so too." she smirked, turning and sitting on the edge of my bed, my cheeks heating up at her comment.

"When are you going to tell me who you're going with?" I asked. She shrugged.

"Maybe I won't."

"Not fair! You know who everyone's going with, I want to know." I whined. She laughed in response, shaking her head.

"He's meeting me here so you'll see who it is soon enough." she nonchalantly said.

"What? When were you going to tell me this?" I asked, extremely surprised by this news. She just smirked and shrugged.

"I'm gonna get dressed." she said, taking her garment bag to the bathroom with her while I tied my bow tie. I was pulling my socks on when the door opened and Mia stepped out wearing a long, emerald dress.

"Wow, Mia. You look great." I said, smiling at my best friend.

"Thanks, Ol." she said, looking in the mirror as she put earrings on. The door bell rang as we were both putting our shoes on. I felt my heart begin to race. Mia's hand on my arm made me look towards her.

"It's going to be fine. Just have fun, Oliver." she said, smiling. I nodded and took a breath before we both headed downstairs. I could hear my mom and Ben talking along with another voice I didn't recognize.

When we reached the bottom of the stairs, Ben and the other guy looked towards us.

"You're going with Cal?" I asked, shooting a look at Mia who just smiled and nodded, still looking at Cal.

"I might've had something to do with it." Ben said, striding towards me and wrapping an arm around my waist, pressing a kiss to my temple. "You look great, by the way." he whispered. I looked up at him and smiled.

"So do you." I commented, realizing an untied bow tie hanging around his neck. "Except for this." I said, turning to face him. "Do you not know how to tie it on your own?" I asked, my hands working to fasten it around his neck while he looked down at me.

"Maybe I wanted you to do it for me." he smirked. I rolled my eyes and finished tying it, taking a step back to look at him. He was wearing a well tailored gray suit that fit him perfectly. He had on a white button up and a navy bow tie, making me smile as I remembered he asked what color my suit was so he could match.

"Picture time!" my mom called. We all got together and took a few pictures before Mia insisted Ben and I take some together, which my mom eagerly accepted. We stood close to one another, arms around the other's waist. I smiled, looking over at him when he squeezed my side. "Adorable." my mom said, lowering her phone.

"Alright, Mia. Your turn." I said. She tried to decline but Ben convinced Cal so my mom took pictures of them too. "They're cute together." I commented, watching my best friend laugh and smile along with Cal while my mom took pictures.

"I thought they might be good together." Ben agreed.

"Look at you playing matchmaker." I laughed, making Ben's cheeks darken slightly. He just shrugged and smiled. I pressed a kiss to his cheek before we all said goodbye to my mom and headed outside.