Forty-Six // Celebrating

*Please read the a/n at the end of the chapter!

Oliver Greene

It was the last day of school before winter break and I was sitting at the table finishing breakfast. Ben and I have been openly together for well over a month, and we'd received little backlash from anyone around us. Of course Ben did have the entire football team behind him willing to shut anyone down who dared to speak a word against their beloved quarterback captain and his boyfriend. And I had Mia, who would do the same and everyone knew it.

"Ol!" my mom called into the kitchen.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"There's a letter for you. From Michigan." she smiled, handing the letter to me.

"What? I thought it was going to be later this month?" I questioned, quickly ripping it open. I pulled the letter out, holding my breath as I read it. "I got in." I said.

"You got in?" my mom asked.

"I got in!" I exclaimed, looking up at her and grinning. "I got in!" I repeated.

"You got in!" she cried, wrapping me up in a tight hug. I laughed joyously.

"What's going on?" Henry asked, walking into the kitchen.

"I got in!" Henry raised his eyebrow. "To Michigan!" I finished, excitement running through me.

"Oliver! Congrats!" Henry grinned, joining in on our hug. I looked down at the letter, smiling. "I'll meet you in the car. You deserve this, Ol." Henry said, clapping me on the shoulder. I nodded, glancing at him before looking back down at the letter in my hand.

"Are you going to tell him?" my mom asked, referring to Ben. I looked up at her, nodding.

"Yeah, of course." I said, looking over at the clock. "I need to get going." I said, a small knot of dread sitting in my chest at the thought of telling Ben.

"I'm proud of you, Oliver." she smiled, giving me another hug.

"Thanks, mom." I replied. "Okay, I really have to get going." I laughed, pulling back.

"We'll celebrate tonight." she said. I nodded and smiled before setting the letter down and heading to the car. I sent a quick text to Ben before getting into the car.

Meet me at my locker?

I sent it, putting my phone back in my pocket as I turned the car on.

"Are you excited?" Henry asked. I nodded.

"Yes, very." I replied, grinning.

"Good." Henry said, reaching over and turning up the radio. I pulled into the parking lot, quickly getting out and pulling my backpack on. I checked my phone seeing a response from Ben confirming he'd meet me before class.

"Have a good day!" I called towards Henry, waving to him as I nearly ran to my locker. I saw Ben leaning against my locker, his arms crossed as he talked with Cal. When his eyes met mine his smile widened. I felt my smile grow seeing him. Cal smirked at Ben and said he'd see him later, leaving him and I alone.

"Morning." Ben greeted.

"Happy last day before break." I smiled, opening my locker to switch out books.

"Any plans tonight?" he asked. I nodded, smiling.

"Yeah actually." he raised an eyebrow. "Celebrating." I said.

"What are you celebrating?" he asked.

"I got into Michigan." I smiled.

"What? You got in!" Ben exclaimed, grinning wider than I've ever seen before.