Forty // Knew Something Was Up

Oliver Greene

The rest of Ben and I's study session was much less productive than usual. Ben kept making comments he knew would fluster me while I tried to ignore him, willing the seemingly constant blush on my cheeks to go away. By the time 9:30 rolled around, I suggested we stop for the night.

"It's not like we're being all that productive anyway." I said, looking over at Ben. He laughed and shook his head.

"Yeah, you're right." he agreed as he started gathering his things and dumping them into his backpack. I stood up, waiting for him to finish packing up. He stood up next to me, grinning and walking out by my side.

I turned the lights off and locked the door, pocketing the key before turning towards Ben.

"Ready?" Ben asked. I nodded. He reached over and laced our fingers together, rubbing his thumb over my hand as we walked down the hallway in silence, my heart beating so loud I was afraid he could hear it. As we approached the parking lot, the cool air blowing around us, Ben glanced over at me, our hands still laced together.

"I'm walking you to your car." he announced. I lifted an eyebrow.

"Are you?" I asked, a teasing tone in my voice. He smirked and squeezed my hand. When we got to my car, I turned to look at him. "Well this is me." I joked, making Ben shake his head and chuckle.

He slowly let go of my hand and grabbed my hips, gently pushing me against my car. I looped my
arms around his neck and looked up at him, a soft smile on my face. He leaned forward and pressed his lips to mine, to which I quickly responded to. I placed a hand on his face, gently stroking along his cheek, making him sigh against my lips. He placed his forehead against mine, nudging my nose with his. I smiled and wrapped my arms around him, pulling him into a hug.

"Good luck with your home visits." I whispered. Ben hugged me tighter, nuzzling his face into my shoulder.

"Thanks, Ollie." he murmured. "Come to the game on Friday." Ben asserted, pulling back enough to look into my eyes. I raised an eyebrow, questioning him. "I want you there." he whispered. I thought for a minute before answering.

"Yeah, okay. I'll be there." I replied, my voice soft. Ben grinned and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

"Good."

"Good." I repeated, nodding.

"I don't want to go." Ben confessed, leaning his forehead against mine.

"I don't either." I whispered. "But you need to sleep so you're ready for tomorrow." I finished. Ben nodded.

"Yeah. You're right." he agreed, not making a move to leave. "Can I just-" he started, stopping suddenly.

"What?" I asked.

"Can I kiss you one more time before I go?" he whispered, a light blush on his cheeks.

"Please." I breathed, leaning forward and capturing his lips with mine. Ben kissed me back softly with a hint of desperation.

We pulled apart breathless.

"I should go." he whispered.

"You should." I agreed, nodding. I slowly returned my arms to my side, Ben reluctantly following suit. "Let me know how tomorrow goes." I said. Ben nodded.

"I will. I'll see you Friday, Ollie." he smirked, bending down and gently kissing my cheek before heading towards his car.

"See you Friday." I replied, feeling myself blush as my cheek tingled where Ben had kissed. Ben flashed me a smile before turning around and getting into his car. I let out a breath I wasn't aware I was holding and opened the door before getting into my car.