How It All Started

BTS was at the peak of their career. They were finally getting some spotlight! Everything was going swell and everyone was busy creating new songs and preparing for future performances. They'd stay up until 2am and wake up after a few hours to continue what they needed to do. The boys were exhausted. Happy, but exhausted.

They didn't have any time to spare for themselves. How could they have time to take care of a child? How did the kid even end up with them?

Jungkook woke up from his nap on the couch due do a ringing sound that just never seemed to end. Groaning, he opened his eyes and his gaze immediately landed on his phone. Someone was calling him. He shot up when he realized who it was.

Eomma

He  sat up straight and answered the call. "Eomma?" He said, rubbing his eyes. His greeting was responded by a happy sigh from his mother. "Ah, Jungkook, my son! Annyeong!" She said, happily. Jungkook lightly chuckled hearing his mom so happy. "Annyeong, Eomma." He replied. "How are you, my son?" She asked. "I'm doing fine. Why the sudden call?" He was curious as to why his mother would call out of nowhere. Was there a problem? Did he miss an important family event?

Her tone suddenly changed and it was more timid.

"Eomma?" Jungkook asked, slowly getting worried.

"You know, Deiji misses you." She said. "She's been missing you a lot these past few weeks."

"I miss her too, Eomma. Tell her I said hello!" He replied. Was that all? Why does it feel like there's more to it?

"Well, you could tell her that yourself." She replied. If it was possible, he could hear her smile through the call. "What do you mean?" Jungkook asked, even more worried. He was replied with a small laugh. "Don't worry about it! Bang-PD already said it was fine!" 

"What?" He asked frantically. "Eomma! What do you mean? What does Bang-PD have to do with what you're talking about?" His voice raised a little bit, showing how nervous he got. "Deiji really wanted to see you so I asked if she could come and visit you." The mother replied. Jungkook froze. Sure, he wanted to see her, but what would the others think? What if they don't like her? What if she bothers them? He'll get all the blame at the end of the day.

"But, Eomma..."

"No buts! Don't brush her away. She misses you a lot, you know. If Bang-PD said it was okay, then you can't complain." His mother said, sternly.

They talked for a bit more and eventually the call ended. "Annyeong." Jungkook said before hanging up. He tossed his phone on the couch and sat down. He sighed and placed his hands in his hair. "What do I do?" He mumbled to himself.

"Jungkook-ah! Are you okay?"

His head turned to see Jin in the kitchen getting a snack. How long had he been there?

"Oh, hyung! I didn't see you there." Was all Jungkook could say. "Yah..." Jin sighed "I've been here for about 5 minutes already. I assume it was your mom that called. You don't seem very happy. What happened?"

"Well..." He couldn't explain. He didn't want to be a bother to his hyungs. "It's nothing."