Storytelling

Nightfall once again in Seoul.

After performing DNA for their comeback on Mnet and practicing for future events, the group fell exhausted and immediately tucked away in their own rooms.

The clock struck 12:05 in the morning as Deiji walked past it along the hallway.

She had slept on and off the entire day while the boys were busy. She couldn't sleep anymore.

She walked by each room, looking to see if any light emitted from under the doors.

Jungkook's room.

Lights were off.

Jimin and Hobi's room.

Off.

Yoongi's small studio room.

The lights are on.

She went over and wrapped her fingers around the knob.

Locked.

"Aw..." Deiji sighed "I guess he's busy."

She continued down the hall, the room Yoongi shared with Jin had its lights off as well. Her eyes darted to the door wherein Tae and Namjoon shared a room. It was off too.

"Everyone's sleeping..."

She turned on her heel, deciding to return to Jungkook's room instead. Just then...

Click!

Turning back around, she looked under the last room. A light was on!

Deiji smiled and immediately went back over and turned the doorknob, slowly creeping in. She entered and shut the door behind her, as quiet as she can.

"Hello Bonsai!"

Deiji's eyes immediately lit up, seeing Namjoon sitting up on his bed. He smiled at her and gestured to call her over.

She quickly ran past Tae's bed and over to Namjoon's. He smiled and assisted her as she climbed up his bed. "Why are you still up?" He asked her.

She crawled over and sat next to him, leaning on his side. "Not tired." She muttered.

Namjoon smiled, his dimples showing up. "Me too."

He adjusted his seat on the bed and wrapped his left arm around Deiji's shoulder, pulling her close. On the other hand was a book.

"What are you reading, Oppa?" Deiji asked, looking up at him with curious eyes. "Oh this?" Namjoon looked back at her. "It's just this new book I heard was good. It's called Into the Magic Shop."

"Magic shop?" Deiji pretended to think. "I wanna go to a magic shop."

A chuckle escaped Namjoon's lips. "It's not exactly about an actual magic shop, but you're welcome to read with me."

"Oh." Deiji pouted but quickly smiled. "Okay!"

Namjoon nodded and placed the book in the center for them to read. "We start?" He asked. Deiji nodded. He smiled and turned his gaze to the page he was on. He read aloud.

"I kept a wooden box under my bed that had all my most prized possessions. A small notebook that held my doodles, some secret poetry, and random crazy facts I had learned-like twenty banks are robbed every day in the world, snails can sleep for three years, and it's illegal to give a monkey a cigarette in Indiana."

He glanced over at Deiji, seeing how the paragraph may be complicated for a five-year-old, but she looked very concentrated at the page. He shook his head and continued.

"The box also held a worn copy of Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People, dog-eared on the pages that listed the six ways to get people to like you. I could recite the six things from memory."

1. Become genuinely interested in other people.

2. Smile.

3. Remember that a person's name is, to that person, the sweetestand most important sound in any language.

4. Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.

5. Talk in terms of the other person's interest.

6. Make the other person feel important-and do it sincerely.

"Okay." Deiji nodded as Namjoon listed those six. "That doesn't sound hard, Oppa."

A soft laugh escaped him as he smiled at her. "I guess it really isn't hard." He replied, "It just depends on how far you are willing to go to do all these six for someone, yeah?"

"Yeah."

Namjoon turned back to the book and they continued to read together. They went on for around two or three chapters more. Deiji nodded every so often when she came across a statement she could understand, while Namjoon started to get very invested in the book and its message.

They would've kept going, but Namjoon paused seeing Deiji's head hesitate to fall. He leaned forward to look at her, moving her hair away from her face.

His eyes turned into small crescent moons as his heart softened. She had fallen asleep. Poor thing, you could see how much she tried to keep herself up, but her drowsyness got the best of her.

Namjoon closed the book, letting a small sound emit. Deiji's eyes opened slightly, her gaze at the now closed book. "R-read..." She mumbled, reaching her hand out to open the book, but fell back as a heavy weight starting shutting her eyes once again.

He put the book away on his bedside table and turned back to Deiji. "We can read it next time, Bonsai." He smiled at her sleepy eyes that fluttered to look at him. She slowly nodded and her eyes shut.

Namjoon picked her up and laid her flat on his bed, pulling the blanket higher. He properly tucked himself in too before switching his lamp off, leaving them in complete darkness.

His eyes adjusted to the dark. He watched Deiji peacefully sleeping with a small pout on her lips. "I don't think Jungkook would mind if you slept here tonight." He whispered to her, stroking the strands of her soft hair. He lifted her bangs for a moment.

He leaned in, planting a light kiss on her forehead.

"Goodnight, Bonsai." He whispered. "May you have sweet dreams."

And with that, he too had fallen asleep.

-----

*crying*

Namjoon with kids is a combination I will NEVER get tired of T^T

This was short and sweet :> I hope you all enjoyed! I'm here up at 12am because I can't sleep so HERE HAVE A ONESHOT

I'm starting to get my groove back so let's hope I let out stuff more often!

Thank you all for supporting this book! I could never thank you guys enough!

Also, the paragraphs Joon read are from the actual book on the second page of the first chapter!

Haha, that's all! See you guys in the next one!

- Hannah