LXVII. raindrop prelude by Frederic Chopin (part two)

Brett Yang was about to leave their shared Taiwan apartment to clear his head, still remembering the words that slipped out of Eddy Chen's mouth with so much conviction. It's been a few days and Eddy still wasn't talking to him in the same way he did before. Brett could feel the way Eddy despised him now. Or so he thought Eddy did.

A storm came that night, causing a power cut. With no lights, no signal service and no other company, they're forced to talked about their feelings. (part two)

warnings: expletives, angst and fluffy ending, bonus nsfw

a/n: the nsfw is not essential to the story. I just wanted to give my dear readers a treat because I broke your hearts last Valentine's day. So, enjoy! :D

Third Person POV

It was now the morning aftermath of their fight. Brett woke up early in order to leave and try to get another room. To his surprise, and misfortune, it was the holidays. No hotels were available on Taipei and no other friends available in the area. This left them both no choice but to stay with each other.

It's been two days and Brett just tried to get away from Eddy. Not because he was avoiding Eddy, but he knew Eddy would get more mad at him. He was careful and all the interactions were quick. Brett didn't mind, he was giving Eddy distance.

Brett was just walking around, trying to get food for them. (Maybe to clear his mind too, he doesn't know.) It was quite a windy afternoon, quite uncharacteristic for Taipei. Well, at least the cold wind with the dark skies were uncharacteristically not Taipei on a regular summer season.

He walked in the apartment, setting the food he brought in its rightful places. Eddy was on the room, practicing. Brett can hear the scales he's practicing for the piece. It sounds like he's trying to get ready for Saint-Saens' introduction and rondo capriccioso. It was an a minor scale.

He sighed and watched the weather outside. The drizzle was hitting the windows of their apartment and the wind chill was colder, despite every single window closed. Or maybe Brett just felt sick? He didn't know, but it did get colder.

The rain outside was pouring so heavily, it was almost hard to hear Eddy's playing. Thankfully, it wasn't that dark yet. They don't need lights, for now. Eddy continued practicing and Brett just staring at the storm outside. He wrapped himself up under his thin blanket.

He lied down, shivering and watching the string rain unfold to a storm. He had a headache, his throat hurts and he feels nauseous. With the warm couch, the thin blanket and his thick sweater, he fell asleep with the rain hitting their tin roof.

- - - - -

"Brett?" Eddy whispered, shaking him lightly.

"Hmm?" Brett asked, a bit too disoriented. He still felt sick.

"Do you know where the candles are? There's a power cut and it's too dark. There's no service anywhere so I can't get any help..." Eddy whispered, obviously scared of the raging storm outside.

"Shh, lie down on the sofa. I'll light up the candles... Just calm down." Brett said, getting up slowly.

Brett felt a bit dizzy but he didn't mind it. He just grabbed the tea light type of candles and lit them up. It was the only type of candle they had so he had to make use of it. He walked back to the living room to find Eddy under his blanket.

"Actually, could you bring that to the bedroom?" Eddy asked, standing up and leaving the couch.

"Yeah, sure, let me just... Here." He said as he walked in the bedroom first, placing multiple tea lights on the floor and the night stand, careful not to burn anything.